• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with orb effects please >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Long story short, I have a custom ability based off of the item corruption one. It places a custom buff which I need for triggers.

This ability is added to everything when it enters the map, there is a problem though. For some reason it doesn't work for ranged units and its messing my triggers up.

I know there has to be some way to make corruption work with ranged, but it isn't at the moment >.<

Anyone that tries to help will have their efforts commended :)

Level 8
:L I know, thats why this is annoying. Its bugging with more than one type of ranged unit, and everything has the same trigger adding the corruption ability.

Are there any known bugs, dependencies, collisions etc?

EDIT: The units have no other abilities or items, and their attack types are set to missile.

Level 8
Range is applicable? Maybe thats the problem... I'll upload the map if this doesn't work.

EDIT: yeahno :/ Map incoming.

FOREWORD: if you didnt gather the trigger is a damage detection thingo.

EDIT2: oh stupid stupid stupid >< The buff is being placed alright, I tried changing the duration from 0.01 seconds to 5, and it showed up. It may be faulty triggering on my part, however, it still works perfectly fine on melee units, its only the range thats being stuffed up. Another problem, is actual spell damage (from heroes, havnt tested bosses) doesn't show up in any form.

Either of those two would be greatly appreciated if fixed. Another thing is the DD trigger itself is kind of a mess, if anyone could advise a better structure for it then I would appreciate it.

Relevant triggers:
DD, crit gore etc etc etc - The damage detection trigger
Unit Reg - Adds the corruption ability
Init - Adds coruption to all pre placed units (most of them..)

Also:
the ability is an item one by the name of Attack.

Im off to bed, thanks all. Ill check this tomorrow

Attachments

• For The Horde Alpha 3.w3x
    177.4 KB · Views: 26
Level 6
It worked perfectly fine when I tested both the melee and ranged.... what seems to be the problem?

By using a buff to detect damage, it will be very easy to detect spell damage...
All you have to do is a condition that is something like if this unit has this buff equal to false detect spell damage otherwise physical damage and ranged seem complete in your map but you need to just add a little more to detect spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.