• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Is there a way to put Orb Effects with Vorpal Blades?

Level 6
Hi for everyone! I've searched all Hive, but didn't find any topic related to this, so here I'm asking for some help:

I'd like to know if there is a way to make orb effects work with the Vorpal Blades ability or not.

I was testing a new hero here that have Vorpal Blades as a passive (a Spearmaster hero). It works fine, but, the only orb effect that works with it is Life Steal. All other orb effects make the attack missile disappear, and the hero simply don't do any damage.

I wouldn't like to put a "Only stacks with Life Steal" warning at the ability tooltip, but if it'll be necessary, I'll do it =')

EDIT: To make the Vorpal Blades work here, I've created an instance of the upgrade (that increase spill distance and attack range each level), put into the hero, made a dummy passive (to level up), and a trigger to set upgrade level.

Last edited: