• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Sundering Blades not working

Level 6
Hi everybody! Soon or later I'll figure out what's happening here, but I'd like to create a thread here at Hive so other people can check if they have a similar problem.

I've created an ability based on Sundering Blades (Human - Knight), but It is not giving the bonus damage against the specified armor type. For example, the ability is supposed to give aditional damage agains Large, Hero and Fortified armors, so I've created one instance of each ability and giving to the hero via triggers.

My idea with this ability: The hero will have a passive ability that counters armor type reduction, so greater the level, lesser will be the damage reduction by "attack vs armor type".

My doubt is:

- Is Sundering Blades hard coded, so it just don't work against other armor types unless Medium?

- Sundering Blades needs an upgrade like Moon Glaive to work? I've searched on the Knight's page, and Sundering Blades just don't exist in the upgrade field or ability field.

- Maybe three instances of the same ability is breaking the effect?

Level 20
Maybe try different options for this setting in particular?

1707184507244.png

Because it's been added in a later patch it might behave strangely? Idk

I know I've had some weird stuff happening with such new abilities/upgrades that were sometimes both present and missing from the editor, it's quite weird

Level 6
Maybe try different options for this setting in particular?

View attachment 460912

Because it's been added in a later patch it might behave strangely? Idk

I know I've had some weird stuff happening with such new abilities/upgrades that were sometimes both present and missing from the editor, it's quite weird
I've tested some configurations here, and I've found out that the problem was at the Weapon Type. My hero also has Moon Glaive, so its weapon type needs to be "Missile - Bounce". I think any other weapon type will not proc the ability, unless "Missile" or "Instant".

So, I will need to go back to planning, as the "Star" ability for this hero is the bouncing attack, not the Sundering Blades passive.