• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Help with my RPG map Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, I am a new user of this wonderful page, this is my first post and I am asking for help with an RPG style map that I am creating.

My problem is the following:
On my map, I have 4 kinds of heroes, a warrior, an archer, a magician and a priest, each one can use a specific type of Weapons and Armor

For the Warrior: you can use Weapons type Swords (class of the item: permanent) and Heavy Armor (class of the item: campaign)

The problem is that when the warrior takes a heavy type of armor from the ground or buy it from the store, he gains the statistics that the armor offers (in the image 3 he gains +2 armor and +100 HP) and when the warrior drops the armor him correctly loses these statistics (Image 4). But the problem is that when you already have a heavy armor "equipped" and buy another one from the store, the purchased armor disappears from the inventory correctly since you can not have 2 armors "equipped" in the inventory, but the statistics are added to each other , resulting in what is shown in image 6 (+6 armor, +200 HP)

I attach images of the detonators that make all this possible:
In the first image the detonator serves so that when the seller sells the armor to the warrior of the heavy type and he already has a heavy armor in the inventory, he drops and removes the item by throwing the message "already has an armor equipped"

in the second image, the detonator serves so that when the warrior takes a heavy armor from the ground if he does not have a fitted armor, he changes the variable to say that he now has an armor equipped or when the warrior takes a light armor, drop it and throw the message "you can not equip this type of armor"

and the third image is the detonator so that when the warrior throws his armor to the ground, change the variable saying that he does not have an armor equipped now

I want when you buy a armor from the store, do not stack the statistics from both armors.

I hope you can help me with this problem, and I'm thinking of creating a "beta" version and upload it on this page so you can give me your opinion, things to improve, change, add, etc.

greetings!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Sin título.jpg
    Sin título.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 122
  • Sin título2-1.jpg
    Sin título2-1.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Sin título2-2.jpg
    Sin título2-2.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 121
  • Sin título3.jpg
    Sin título3.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 135
Level 2
Are these standard items, or do they add stats through a different kind of system to your hero?

Those are just standard items, no systems to add stats.
I look if i add a "Wait 0.01 seconds" between drop and remove actions the stats doesn't stack but it looks bad that the item is there for a while and then dissapears:D

Edit: add a picture

Attachments

• asfdasdfasdfasdfasdf.jpg
    asfdasdfasdfasdfasdf.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.