• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Engineering Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello everyone. I've been playing with engineering upgrade lately. When I tried using it to a unit in metamorphosis, it won't work. I wanted to upgrade only one spell which has a melee cast range and has improved range when in metamorphosis. Any ideas on how to do this?

Level 8
No what I meant is a unit with a melee cast range spell and with no engineering upgrade casts metamorphosis, he gains the engineering upgrade ability (actually not gaining the ability and also I know how to do this here) and the melee cast range spell from the original unit would then become ranged.

Level 12
Does the transformed unit have both the original spell and the engineering upgrade? If he does then all I can think of is using triggers

Level 8
For instance, if you replace storm bolt with critical strike, then critical strike will be castable. This is the kind of bug that can happen.

Oh no that's not the problem that I'm having. You see when I cast metamorphosis and then morph to the unit with the engineering upgrade, the base spell will vanish and no other spell replaces it. When the timer finishes the base spell won't reappear. I tried making it in triggers but I still can't find a solution to this. All I'm trying to do is when a unit is morphed to a certain unit the cast range will just improve and when the timer ends it returns to normal.

Does the transformed unit have both the original spell and the engineering upgrade? If he does then all I can think of is using triggers

Like I said above I already tried triggers using everything I could think of doing it. But still no luck.

Level 8
I found a way to do it in triggers and it's almost as I wanted it to be. But there is still one problem. When the morph ends, the ability doesn't return to melee form. Does anyone know what's the problem with this trigger? And also I changed the metamorphosis ability to chemical rage

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Chemical Rage
  • Actions
    • Set Morph_Caster = (Triggering unit)
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Level of Stone Blast (Melee) for Morph_Caster) Not equal to 0
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Add Stone Blast (Ranged) to Morph_Caster
        • Unit - Set level of Stone Blast (Ranged) for Morph_Caster to (Level of Stone Blast (Melee) for Morph_Caster)
        • Custom script: call UnitMakeAbilityPermanent ( udg_Morph_Caster, true, 'A06G')
        • Player - Disable Stone Blast (Melee) for (Owner of Morph_Caster)
      • Else - Actions
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • (Level of Stone Blast (Ranged) for Morph_Caster) Not equal to 0
          • Then - Actions
            • Player - Enable Stone Blast (Melee) for (Owner of Morph_Caster)
            • Unit - Set level of Stone Blast (Melee) for Morph_Caster to (Level of Stone Blast (Ranged) for Morph_Caster)
            • Custom script: call UnitRemoveAbilityBJ( 'A06G', udg_Morph_Caster )
          • Else - Actions
Edit: Nevermind. I figured it out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.