• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skill Inquiries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Okay, the situation is as below.

I have the skills: Tinker's Engineering Upgrade and Demon Hunter's Metamorphosis.

First, I make the Engineering Upgrade (in short, EU) into unit's skill instead of hero. And then I create a hero with Metamorphosis (in short, Meta) as hero skill and EU as his unit skill, along with other skills. My purpose is I wish to let this hero uses Meta and have EU upgrades his other skills. When the Meta buff finishes, I wish the skills before EU are reverted back to where he is. However, this is not the case.

Sorry, I do not know how to elaborate my words. In conclusion:
1) The hero has other skills (main thing) and Meta.
2) The hero uses Meta and now he has EU to upgrade his other skills.
3) When Meta buff finishes, EU is gone and other skills are supposed to revert to the skills before EU.
4) However, Meta buff finishes, the other skills are miraculously gone and have to learn the skills again.

How to solve this? Thank you.

Level 16
If that is the case, you only need to save the level of the abilities before casting Metamorphosis and when the duration is over, reset the abilities' level based on the saved values.

You may want to use SetPlayerAbilityAvailable to disable Engineering Upgrade so that it will not show its icon. Probably it should be a hero ability too, a unit one may cause bug iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.