• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Metamorphosis - Skills disappear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, on the map I'm working on, each hero is given 4 random skills at start via Engineering Upgrade, no spellbooks.

I'm trying to implement a morphing skill, but after morphing and also when reverting, all previously learned skills are removed, as well as unlearned skills are no longer available.
Also, if the hero learned an aura ability, while the icon and any further levels will disappear, the hero will still have that aura.

Thanks for any help

Level 33
To still retain the ability (mostly added abilities) on a single unit, use this function;
  • Custom script: call UnitMakeAbilityPermanent(whichUnit, true, spellId)
For example, you want to make Ability A permanent on Caster, you would do this;
  • Actions
    • Set Ability = Ability A
    • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
    • Custom script: call UnitMakeAbilityPermanent(udg_Caster, true, udg_Ability)

Level 4
Ok, there are 153 possible skills, so the first variable, in WE you can only choose what ability to set it from the list of abilities, which from the sounds I would have to create this trigger for every skill on each hero

How can I set it to be dynamic?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.