• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with bloodlust, comes out at the hero's feet

Level 2
Good morning everyone.

I want to put the bloodlust effect on the endurance aura skill set so that it only works on the hero and no one else.

That is, the increase in attack and movement speed as a passive ability, but I want the effect not to look like that of the aura, but rather like bloodlust.

But it appears on the hero's feet, when I change the effect in the "special-graphic" part of the editor

1710041091262.png

I also changed it to "target-graph" to see if maybe it works, but no.

I want to fix this with just the editor if possible.

In any case, do you recommend any custom effects that come into your hands, that can be downloaded on this site?

P.S Any tutorial that explains all those concepts of the object editor, I am willing to read them all.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
You should always start by looking at how Blizzard did whatever it is you're trying to do. Keep experimenting and testing different things until you figure it out. Also, don't overlook little details, a lot of things in the Object Editor have strict requirements and if you forget a step it may not work.

So the first thing you should do is look at the Bloodlust ability. I'm sure you'll quickly find that it doesn't have any Art on the ability itself. However, it does have a Buff, so the next obvious step is to check that out. From there it's pretty self-explanatory, you'll see what Art model is being used as well as the Attachment Points that determine where the Art will be placed. Bloodlust creates two copies of the same art effect, one on the unit's left hand (hand,left) and another on the unit's right hand (hand,right). Some models are missing attachment points, so keep that in mind if it doesn't work even though you're sure you did it correctly. I know for a fact that the troll models will work though.

Some common attachment points:
origin
chest
head
overhead
hand,left
hand,right

TLDR: Copy everything Art related that you see on the Bloodlust buff and apply it to your Endurance Aura ability. Use the Art - Target field for the model.

Last edited: