• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Help] Bash/Bloodlust spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
ok so here i have this trigger

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Wei Dinn
    • Actions
      • Set lustunit = (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummylust for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Shaman - Bloodlust (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
      • Set lustunit = No unit
its like a bash that give a chance to bloodlust the triggering unit when it "bashes" but somehow the bloodlust does not appear,can anyone help please?

Level 11
ok so here i have this trigger

• Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set lustunit = (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummylust for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
      • Set lustunit = No unit
its like a bash that give a chance to bloodlust the triggering unit when it "bashes" but somehow the bloodlust does not appear,can anyone help please?

• Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set AbilityChance = Random number between 1 and 100
      • If/then/else multiple functions
        • Conditions:
          • AbilityChance less than or equal to 20 (this is the chance)
        • Then do:
          • Set TempPoint = Position of triggering unit
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummylust for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
          • Add a 0.80 seconds expiration timer to last created unit
          • Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
        • Else do:
this is how you should make it

Level 3
sorry for the double post but i tried it and it didnt work can tell me where i went wrong?
  • weidin 2
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set abilitychance = (Random integer number between 1 and 100)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • abilitychance Less than or equal to (10 + (5 x (Level of Wei Dinn for (Triggering unit))))
        • Then - Actions
          • Set lustpoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummylust for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at lustpoint facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 0.80 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_lustpoint)
        • Else - Actions

Level 11
sorry for the double post but i tried it and it didnt work can tell me where i went wrong?
  • weidin 2
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • abilitychance Less than or equal to (10 + (5 x (Level of Wei Dinn for (Triggering unit))))
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummylust for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at lustpoint facing Default building facing degrees
        • Else - Actions

• weidin 2
    • Events
      • A unit is attacked
    • Conditions
      • Level of Wei Dinn for Attacking unit greater than 0 (integer condition)
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
try now

Level 3
Actually it should work. Perhaps increase the time of expiration timer to 1.5 seconds?
If it still doesn't, then try changing "triggering unit" tags to " Event Response-Casting Unit".

nope doesnt sorry.i changed the timer to 5 seconds even and still no bloodlust.do you think it could be related to the fact that my "bash" is 0.1s?

Level 29
Actually it should work. Perhaps increase the time of expiration timer to 1.5 seconds?
If it still doesn't, then try changing "triggering unit" tags to " Event Response-Casting Unit".

This is a bit off topic, but try to NEVER use "casting unit", "attacked unit" or any other form when you can use Triggering Unit.
Other forms can bug with waits and some other things, and you should be careful when using them.

Level 9
I got an easier way of doing it that doesnt require any triggering.

Base the skill off of Orb of slow instead of the bash ability. Make sure bloodlust has 0 mana. It should work. I tested it before.

Level 3
actually it works already but thanks guys for helping..now i need to know something,issit possible to make a custom skill and make a dummy cast it?

Status
Not open for further replies.