• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Help with Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi everyone, so i create some maps in the moment and i thought of a custom ability which i could use. The ability is as followed: A unit starts the ability and transforms into a gargoyle and the unit can also transform back, and in the Gargoyle form the unit can use a custom made stone statue like the normal gargoyle can do. So i made the ability, but nothing works properly. First when the unit transforms the gargoyle goes immediately into statue mode, and the custom statue ability isn't available for the gargoyle form. So if someone could me help with this i would appreciate it.

Here's my map for the ones who wanna take a look.

Attachments

• NorthernIslands.w3x
    348.9 KB · Views: 52
Level 5
I have removed the Stoneform ability from the Leader (Transformed) but still when the Leader uses the transformation ability, he first transforms into the gargoyle but than the gargoyle transforms into the statue. First i have to get it working that when the Leader transforms into the gargoyle that the gargoyle uses the normal animation and not the alternate which is the stone form. Than while in the Gargoyle form the unit should be able to use the custom stoneform ability i made. It's kinda a double transform.

Level 5
Okay i edited the Gargoyle model and removed the stoneform animations, now when the unit uses the transformation ability he transforms into the gargoyle properly. But i have still some issues with the ability itself, i wanna make the transformation last long but when i set a high number the follow bug occurs, the unit transforms but can't transform back or move.

Oh, I also encountered that last time...

you should only set the hero duration to the duration of the morph that you like, the normal duration is the duration on which the transformation occurs...

Example:
Duration - Hero: 30.00
Duration - Normal: .3

-->The morph will last 30.00 seconds and will take .3 seconds to take effect

Duration - Hero: 30.00
Duration - Normal: 30.00

-->The morph will last 30.00 seconds and will take 30 seconds to take effect

Status
Not open for further replies.