• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Morphing Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
1. When unit use morph ability it automatic plays "alternate" animation of alternate unit. problem is that i want gargoyle as alternate unit, but since morph add "alternate" to animations, my gargoyle have stand animation of "stoned" gargoyle which sux. i tried some other units and my conclusion that that morphed unit always plays alternate animations if they exist... so any idea to avoid this??

2. I put stone form cannot be disabled, added duration, all works nice but there isnt expiration timer. i tried to add meta buff, but still same shit. any ideas ?

Thanks
markone

Level 9
@void metamorphoses have its own bugs, like doesnt check if landing place is pathable

@Dagguh hmm yea maybe that could "simulate" stand i will check how it does behave

edit i found-out that if u put -1 for area of effect it does check if path is landable

Last edited:
Level 12
You could also create dummy spells and replace units when they use it.

Also, you can put Gargoyle as primary unit and the other form as alternate. You can spawn the unit in it's alternate form.

And at last, if Child_0f_Bodom's solution won't work, create two PERMANENT morph spells (for morphing both ways), then it should work definetely.

Level 9
I am not sure if this works, but you can try:

• Morph
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to YourMorph
    • Actions
      • Animation - Remove the alternate animation tag to (Triggering unit)

i've tried this
there was tiny problem cause triggering unit is related to unit before changes but i solved it on this way

Untitled Trigger 015
Events
Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Gargoyle Form (Mal'Ganis)
Actions
Animation - Remove the alternate animation tag to (Random unit from (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Dreadlord (Morphed)) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True))))

this leak a little im gonna fix it now, but base idea is there.
its good that i will have just one 1hero of kind per player in map ;)

thanks +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.