• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Building morph ability problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I know this has very little to do with triggers, but as it is here on this site, spells and abilities are generally posted in this forum.

My problem is very simple. I have a building that has a birth, stand, morph, stand alternate, and morph alternate animation. For it, i am using a spell based on bear form, to simply transform the building to another building. But when i cast the spell, the birth (construction) animation is played right after the morph.

The birth anim is apparently queued due to that the unit is replaced and thus a new unit is "born".
How do i fix this?

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/building-morph-ability-problems-149218/

-Same problem, no solution. :(

Level 9
Didn't Work

• Swap
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Altar of Storms
    • Actions
      • Animation - Queue (Casting unit)'s stand animation
also...

1) i tried to put
  • Wait 2.00 seconds
2) using small and big letter S
  • Animation - Queue (Casting unit)'s Stand animation

Level 9
Why aren't you basing it off of the NE building ability Root (Ancients)?

Every building transformation I've incorporated uses Root and has worked perfectly. Try it and see if your problem is fixed.

//\\o0//\\

it doesnt have an data - alternate. does this mean that i have to trigger all things out?

Level 9
im not familiar with this root (ancient) ability
but from what i can understand...

1.) this ROOT (ancients) will not work unless the model has an alternate animation?
2.) or else, the building would just retain to its original model

and some things i dont really understand

1.) what is "NE" building model?
2.) i really dont know what you meant by "REPLACE" since there is no data in the ability wherein i can put the alternative building model
3.) i have seen this Project Odin model.. if i remember correctly, on youtube but i also dont know how it works

sorry if im asking too much question and wasting too much of your time for this problem.

Level 14
im not familiar with this root (ancient) ability
but from what i can understand...

1.) this ROOT (ancients) will not work unless the model has an alternate animation?
2.) or else, the building would just retain to its original model

and some things i dont really understand

1.) what is "NE" building model?
2.) i really dont know what you meant by "REPLACE" since there is no data in the ability wherein i can put the alternative building model
3.) i have seen this Project Odin model.. if i remember correctly, on youtube but i also dont know how it works

sorry if im asking too much question and wasting too much of your time for this problem.

~1,2) Correct, some 'magic' seems to be involved here. I don't understand why it works enough to explain, but I know that it works.

1) NE is an abbreviation for Nightelf. You may also see HU (Human), Orc (Orcish Horde), and UD (Undead). They're the primary racesthat come with the game.
2) To replace a model, like I've suggested, you have to import your model first. Then, in Object Editor, set Art - Model File to the model you imported. Do this with any NE building that morphs. Nothing else is needed.

3) Project Odin, for some reason, is no longer on this site. It had both building and unit forms. I downloaded the model several years back and changed the Ancient of War to use its model.

How it works isn't really important at this point, so long as it does. Did you succeed in getting your model installed? Does it change form properly? Root doesn't require that you set alternate form data.

//\\oo//\\

Status
Not open for further replies.