• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Morph ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I set a morph ability for my factory, but it refuses to work properly!

Solution 1. I set the duration to .5 seconds, when I morph it immediately morphs back.

Solution 2. I set the duration to 0 seconds, it works and I can switch/train units from both. Issue is that the birth animation starts playing on loop, I make triggers to fix this and it dosent work(triggers only work for "Solution 1").

How do I fix this???

Level 13
If I use upgrade, then the cost to build the factory in the 1st place would be nothing.. and no one likes a factory spammer who can use them to build walls and spawn endless hordes of tanks..

well that depends. If all "upgrades" cost the same you can toggle them by using relative upgrade costs (can be changed in gameplay constants). then building it will still cost the same, but morphing doesn't.

This of course also changes the amount for other upgrades, so if you are already very far in your map this may be a lot of work to change.

Level 13
well that depends. If all "upgrades" cost the same you can toggle them by using relative upgrade costs (can be changed in gameplay constants). then building it will still cost the same, but morphing doesn't.

This of course also changes the amount for other upgrades, so if you are already very far in your map this may be a lot of work to change.
Very viable option for when you're starting a map, I've done a lot of work in mine and I don't have the time, nor do I want to have to change everything...
Thanks the help none the less!

Level 39
I believe replacing the unit will remove it from any hotkey groupings it was a part of. Just something to consider. You can also definitely morph passively with the bear form trick I posted in your other thread if you use a dummy ability the building can cast instead of an ability based on Bear Form.

Status
Not open for further replies.