• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Help use this spell (yes, again.) Let's make a reflection about spell creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

old

old

Level 6
Elemental Wave [MUI] v1.7.1
Start game, use spell, nothing happens, again, again and again. Tell me what i have to do to use this.

I don't know how many threads like this i've made, but guys... Why, Why is it so difficult to make a spell where you press start, enter the map, use and it works?
Let me remember the spells i ned a thread to use: SparkWave, combat spellpack, Elemental Wave (this now), Rock Eruption... etc... i can't remember all, but there are more.

Level 13
The spell is broken, because the author changed all variables names by adding a "EW_" prefix to them. However, they didn't pay attention to the Custom Script actions when changing their names. The author was last seen in 2013, so you'd better fix it yourself. Luckily, it's quite easy.

Untitled-1.png

• -------- Elemental Wave Cast trigger --------
  • Custom script: set udg_UndamageGroup[udg_Max_Index] = CreateGroup()
  • -------- --------
  • -------- Elemental Wave Loop trigger --------
  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_UndamageGroup[udg_Current_Index])
  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_DamageGroup[udg_Current_Index])
->

• -------- Elemental Wave Cast trigger --------
  • Custom script: set udg_UndamageGroup[udg_EW_Max_Index] = CreateGroup()
  • -------- --------
  • -------- Elemental Wave Loop trigger --------
  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_UndamageGroup[udg_EW_Current_Index])
  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_DamageGroup[udg_EW_Current_Index])
EDIT: I'm not sure if I can upload the fixed version here, that's why I just pointed out those mistakes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.