• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(Help!) Trigger-Spell (Once again...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Here I am again with a new problem. (Sorry...)

I'm just scripting a spell that is based on Thunderclap (MountainKingAOE)
that should start a trigger. This trigger should heal every friendly unit in a range of 400... so long ...

What I did: I made a dummy and a AoE Heal, based on tranquility.
The spell works, I tried it out. The dummy also spawns, but it wont cast the spell... can you please help me? My trigger is on the picture.

Or is there a trigger that will heal a group of units by an amount X?
I just found "set Life to" and that's not what I want...

Thanks!

Attachments

• Trigger2.jpg
    Trigger2.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 94
Level 3
may be you haven't add mana to dummy ?

else, you can turn on a periodic trigger which set life to unit gradualy, with ForGroupBJ (unit group loop). but you will need to transform it mui.

for finish, you must learn the ability i think.

personnally, i will do the second option.

ps : i'm not good in english, worse on german?, i don't know if i've answered at your question.

Level 3
Ich komm selbst aus Deutschland, da würde ein Sprachenwechsel das Ganze jetzt ungemein vereinfachen:

Also, da mein Dummy sogar ein "Held" ist, sollte das mit dem Mana kein Problem sein. Ich hab auch den Zauber so eingestellt, dass der ab Stufe 1 erlernbar ist.

Ich kenn mich mit Triggern außerdem noch nicht so aus, daher ist ein Loop und MUI glaube ich die schlechtere Lösung für mich ;)

Ich bin mir nur nicht sicher, ob ich das Auslösen des Zaubers richtig eingestellt habe. Die Order ist ja "Nachtelf-Hüter des Hains -'Gelassenheit'", das bedeutet, dass der Text - Befehö-String beim Zauber unter "Benutzen/Einschalten" auf tranquility stehen muss, oder?

Und erlernen tut der Dummy den Zauber ja... *Shrug*

Level 3
Oh, my mistake... :D

Ok, I will translate what I wrote:

First: My Dummy is a hero so that I should have Mana anyway. The spell I made was also set to Level one...

Second: I am not good in trigger, so a "loop" or MUI wouldn't be the best Idea I think... beside that the dummy should be the easiest solution anyway...

Third: I am not quite sure if I set the order right. The order is "Nightelf-Keeper of the ?hain? -'tranquility'"... that means that the Text - Order-String on the spell should be tranquility too, or?

And that the dummy learns the spell is in the trigger I think... it's "Add Dummy_GöttlicherSturm_Heal to (Last created unit)"

Level 3
ok yes you add the ability, but if it's a heros, you must learn the ability.

it's easy, you take "search text" (second choice on "type action") and you write learn. you will find. (you can find others actions with it ;))

after, you add timer for unit, it's good but with it, your spell with during 1 second. you are sur of it ?

if i check the unleak, i've a question : why wait 0.10 ? you must say that a "wait" isn't accurate. and here, it is useless.

if i can give you an advise, set all value on a variable with a good name. your "1 second", you can set spell_time = 1 or a german name ;)

if you have others questions...

édit : i'm not a spell maker, but i've already heard that use a hero like dummy isn't good idea.

Level 11
Remove the wait or you've got a leak if 2 units cast this ability at the same time. The wait isn't necessary.

Also if you just want an instant AoE heal you can just base an ability on "Item Area Healing", no trigger necessary. Same goes for "Scroll of Regeneration" if you just want an AoE heal over time.

Level 3
Well, the timer wouldn't be a real problem. This spell is only for one unit. And this unit is "unique" anyway, so that it wont be twice on a map.
But I removed the timer anyway.

I don't want only instant AoE heal. I want an ability that deals AoE Damage to enemys and as an addition heals near friends. And to put both in one spell isn't possible, if i'm not wrong, so that I have to use an trigger/dummy_caster...

Level 11
Oh, I see. Well you can also use negative damage to heal, or set life = life + amount. Just for future reference, so you don't spend unnecessary time making dummy abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.