• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Help- Spell Range Attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, anyone could help me, I'm trying to make a passive power, which provide attack range, similar to the sniper dota. If some did not play gives the ability about winning range attack with each level you learn the skill example: 1 level = +100 range attack. Level 2 = +300 range attack. 3nivel = +300 range ataque.Espero that can help me, thanks.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
In WC3 it is not directly possible. You only have two hacky choices.
  • Change the unit type to one with longer range. A unit type per ability level.
  • Use an upgrade to upgrade the range of the unit type. Only MPI (affects all units of the type owned by the same player) and also is permanent (cannot be unlearned).
Which you use is up to you. For most cases the upgrade will work, unless the map needs features which revert progress in which case it is not viable. Personally I would recommend avoiding such abilities entirely.

In StarCraft II this could be done in seconds as modifying weapon range is easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.