• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help regarding triggers for an in map puzzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm currently trying to design a puzzle where your character has to find some orbs and place them on circles of power in order to blow up a wall that's blocking your progress. So far, I've managed to get the triggers that change the circle's color when the correct orb is in posistion to work properly, but I can't seem to create the explosion. (Any one who has seen the mini puzzle in Hot Shelter Zone or stage 3 of ROTD will know what I'm aiming for.) Does anyone have any suggestions for how to make the fourth and final correct orb placement cause the explosion? Many thanks in advance.

Level 4
I don't see where you would be having difficulty with this step if you accomplished the rest.

Make a trigger with an event that is a periodic event the runs it every second or two. Then use this, for each bomb part that there is. and if all the bomb parts are true then do the explosion.

Item - Pick every item in (Playable map area) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Item-type of (Picked item)) Equal to Gem Fragment
Then - Actions
Set Part_One_Of_Bomb_Present = True
Else - Actions
Set Part_One_Of_Bomb_Present = False

Status
Not open for further replies.