• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hi i need help with two skills,
1. lightning shield: damage only to enemies
2. a hero can become another unit in this case I want to make Rehgar of heroes of the storm I want him to become a wolf.
thank you for your attention and I hope you help me

Last edited:
Level 13
1. Unfortunately, Lightning Shield is a hardcoded ability, and its "Targets Allowed" field doesn't work properly. I've seen a couple of users asking for the same thing a few times, so I made one for them in GUI. I still have it on my HD. It contains a "How to Import" in the trigger section, and you can configure it easily - you just need to configure the "Lightning Shield Setup" trigger as how you want it to be; there are comments explaining what every variable does.

2. Have you considered using the Bear Form ability? (night elves spell)q

Attachments

• Lightning Shield.w3x
    26 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Level 2
thanks for the shield, it does not let me convert the hero with the skill of a bear, the problem is that if it gets the damage and the skills of the animal but not the design

Level 9
Abilities added by triggers have to be made permanent or they are lost during a morph. There is a native to make abilities permanent but I do not think it has a corresponding GUI action so one might have to use custom script.
yep, no corresponding GUI action,

• Custom script: call UnitMakeAbilityPermanent(whichUnit,true,whichAbil)
that's the custom script, just need to change the whichUnit and whichAbil,
note that the whichUnit refers to a unit variable and whichAbil refers to ability id rawcode (that 'A000' thing you saw when you press Ctrl+D on Ability tab in Object Editor, in case you never use one.)

further note, you need to use that for each ability you wish to keep on the morphed unit.

Level 2
yep, no corresponding GUI action,

• Custom script: call UnitMakeAbilityPermanent(whichUnit,true,whichAbil)
that's the custom script, just need to change the whichUnit and whichAbil,
note that the whichUnit refers to a unit variable and whichAbil refers to ability id rawcode (that 'A000' thing you saw when you press Ctrl+D on Ability tab in Object Editor, in case you never use one.)

further note, you need to use that for each ability you wish to keep on the morphed unit.
cat with a gun, how do I do it, I create the wolf model and place this Custom script: call UnitMakeAbilityPermanent (whichUnit, true, whichAbil)

Status
Not open for further replies.