• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Help me fix a trigger spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
This is my first time to post a topic here, and i'm quite new with world editor.

So apparently i tried to make a trigger spell, i could say that it is.... half working.

The idea is a aoe spell that damage and pause the unit for several time, so i created this trigger

Screenshot (1).png

the damage is working, but the pause is not working and i can't apply a buff to targeted unit.

Can u guys help me to fix the trigger please?

Level 22
First of all, you can just post the triggers with [trigger]CnP your trigger here[/trigger] tags

• Do not use Unit Group - Pick every unit in (...) and do (...)
    Use the one with block instead.
  • Do nothing is basically meaningless as it does absolutely nothing.
  • It is advised to store your location (Target point of ability being cast) into a variable and destroy it later.
  • Using wait and pause unit is not recommended.

Level 1
First of all, you can just post the triggers with [trigger]CnP your trigger here[/trigger] tags

• Do not use Unit Group - Pick every unit in (...) and do (...)
    Use the one with block instead.
  • Do nothing is basically meaningless as it does absolutely nothing.
  • It is advised to store your location (Target point of ability being cast) into a variable and destroy it later.
  • Using wait and pause unit is not recommended.

i dont understand, after all this is my first time to create trigger or something like that

Level 37
The function you're using is a single action, meaning it will only do one action. In your case, you order the last created unit to damage the picked unit.. So when you try to pause (Picked unit), the unit will return null because nothing is getting "picked."

Do what Rheiko suggested and use the "Multiple Action" version of the unit group function.

Also, in the future, use [trigger][/trigger] tags to post your triggers instead of taking a screenshot. Refer to this thread if you do not understand what I mean.

Level 22
Status
Not open for further replies.