• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hellfire

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: NinjaofWind
Hellfire,the legendary spell was used by Fire King.But now, this legendary and ancient spell is used by many ordinary and noob paladins.

[trigger=]
Hellfire
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Hellfire
Actions
Set Castr = (Triggering unit)
Set CastPoint = (Position of Castr)
Set DummyPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
Unit - Make Castr face FacingPoint over 0.01 seconds
Set FacingPoint = (Facing of Castr)
For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Wait 0.01 seconds
Set Assault_Strike = (DummyPoint offset by (100.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) towards FacingPoint degrees)
Unit - Create 1 Assault Strike Flame for (Owner of Castr) at Assault_Strike facing Default building facing degrees
Set Dummy = (Last created unit)
Unit - Order Dummy to Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap
Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to Dummy
Unit - Add Hellfire to Dummy
Special Effect - Create a special effect at Assault_Strike using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl
Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Assault_Strike)
Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_CastPoint)
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_DummyPoint)

[/trigger]

Keywords:
Fire,Hell,Hellfire,Linefire,Line
Contents

Hellfire (Map)

Reviews
I'm setting the spell to permanently rejected since it is so simple. The triggering isn't very good and it spams effects. Practise spellmaking :)

M

Maker, Hellfire, 10:53 (GMT +2), 23rd Sep 2011

I'm setting the spell to permanently rejected since it is so simple.
The triggering isn't very good and it spams effects.
Practise spellmaking :)

Level 37

• Frost And Flame Breath
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Hellfire
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Dummy = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Make (Triggering unit) face Dummy over 0.01 seconds
      • Set FacingPoint = (Facing of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Make (Triggering unit) Invulnerable
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Wait 0.01 game-time seconds
          • Set Assault_Strike = (Dummy offset by (100.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) towards FacingPoint degrees)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Assault_Strike using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl
          • Unit - Create 1 Assault Strike Flame for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Assault_Strike facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add Hellfire to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike Assault_Strike
          • Unit - Cause (Last created unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 700.00 at (Target point of ability being cast), dealing 1000000000.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Assault_Strike)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Caster)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Dummy)
      • Unit - Unpause (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Make (Triggering unit) Vulnerable
Caster paused, why?
Caster invul, why?
Leaks: damage...at (Target point of ability being cast)
Damages allies, but that can be excused I guess.
The damage is too much.
Not MUI due to using wait.
Too much Flame Strike spamming.
Quite simple spell.

It's not that bad, but the idea and execution could be better :)

Level 10

• Frost And Flame Breath
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Hellfire
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Dummy = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Make (Triggering unit) face Dummy over 0.01 seconds
      • Set FacingPoint = (Facing of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Make (Triggering unit) Invulnerable
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Wait 0.01 game-time seconds
          • Set Assault_Strike = (Dummy offset by (100.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) towards FacingPoint degrees)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Assault_Strike using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl
          • Unit - Create 1 Assault Strike Flame for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Assault_Strike facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add Hellfire to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike Assault_Strike
          • Unit - Cause (Last created unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 700.00 at (Target point of ability being cast), dealing 1000000000.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Assault_Strike)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Caster)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Dummy)
      • Unit - Unpause (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Make (Triggering unit) Vulnerable
Caster paused, why?
Caster invul, why?
Leaks: damage...at (Target point of ability being cast)
Damages allies, but that can be excused I guess.
The damage is too much.
Not MUI due to using wait.
Too much Flame Strike spamming.
Quite simple spell.

It's not that bad, but the idea and execution could be better :)

IRON MAIDENNNNNNN !!!!!!!!!!! Forever

Level 6
you know...i....i don't know very much how to make spells...but...i started with simple spell....sorry for the leaks....

and the trigger name......i suppose to make frost and flame breath...like jakiro do.....but i changed my idea to make hellfire....

and how to capture screenshots without camera????hypercam???no...i didn't have that thing....

Level 1
you know...i....i don't know very much how to make spells...but...i started with simple spell....sorry for the leaks....

and the trigger name......i suppose to make frost and flame breath...like jakiro do.....but i changed my idea to make hellfire....

and how to capture screenshots without camera????hypercam???no...i didn't have that thing....

Well, don't excuse for the leaks, everybody makes mistakes now and then :)

And to take a screenshot, there's a button named Print Screen, should be named "PrtSc" on a keyboard, or atleast it is on my keyboard :p

But the spell is actually nice, if you just gave the dummy the "Locust" ability, and cleaned up the leaks etc., it would probably end up rather good :)

ur new at spell-making, and this spell that you made, well... it's not bad for a beginner! Imma give u some rep to encourage to continue with more creative ideas. Just give the dummy the "Locust" ability in the object editor, and remove the waits. Instead of waits, use loops to time the spell correctly.
Use a loop that executes every 0.05 or 0.02 seconds (Anything in that range)
Also, create a variable for the caster:
Set Hellfire_Caster = (Triggering Unit)
Using natives a lot repeatedly can cause alot of leaks. Try to use variables instead.
Good luck.

Level 1
Hmm. Okay your a beginner? well... This isnt quite bad for a beginner i mean like when i first started making spells i really sucked bad at doing triggers. But since you are a beginner i think i like it just because your beginner and you know how to do nice spells. Keep on working the more practice the better (3/5/+rep)
VOTE FOR APPROVAL

Level 30
omfg. Take screenshots is definitely impossible without hypercam. Draw your screenshots with a pencil and send us as a paper airplane
LOL! funny comment :alol:

@adishaireen

hey I can help you with your problem in taking screenshots and how to reveal them in warcraft III.

yes like what Nillere said earlier, to take the screenshot press the "PrtSc" (Print Screen) button on top of your keyboard, then to reveal the screenshot of your picture you should go download Irfanview, here is the link for faster viewing:
http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm
you definitely need this since this program can reveal warcraft3 screenshots and for you not to use your camera for the picture, LOL! :xxd:

Level 17
When your getting a picture, hit Print Screen, open up paint, paste it, save it, and there's your screenshot.

Also, post the trigger in hidden tags when you upload your spell.
It could help :)

Level 16
What is that?
  • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s animation speed to 1.00% of its original speed
  • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed
Since this is just a simple trigger with no timers or others this has absolutely no effect.
Also you only destroy the last special effect of the loop. Insert the destroy after the creation or just simple add the ability a target point effect.
Also
  • Set FacingPoint = (Facing angle from Caster to Dummy)
Too simple to be approved.

Your spell is still too simple to be approved as Marsal2000 said.

I think you should refer to some other GUI spells to see how good
triggering is done.

I'm encouraging you to progress and develop some good triggering
skills, so please don't give up.

The trick: LOOPS

You should create a trigger that runs every 0.30 seconds instead of
using that loop.

Also, you should make your spells MUI by adding an indexing system.
(Refer to some spells here on the hive to see how it's done. - The
indexing systems are usually in the beginning of the cast trigger and
all over the loop)

I hope you find the time to fix your spell, cuz it has a lot of potential.

For now, since it's leakless and probably MUI :p, all i can say is Good Job :)

because its better if you learn to fix first the problems on your previous resources so that you won't do them again, minimizing the resources that you might need to be fixing during a certain time (its definitely easier to focus on fixing/updating one resource at a time than doing a lot)...

and it also reduces the amount of spell resources that needs fix...