• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elimination Tournament: Hellfire Basin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Elimination Tournament: Hellfire Basin "might change name depending upon results"

Title: Hellfire Base

Plot: Hellfire Basin, a harsh desert enviroment was the site of the construction of a secret military base. After many years of organization, the base came under the possesion of many alien artifacts that they studied and incorperated into their own devices. The base was discovered and became grounds for a tournament.

In this tournament, the base supplies vehicles and weaponry for the players to find. The players are given a set amount of time to gain the most points. This event will become a world fanomenon as it progresses but unbeknownst to Earth, a dark force is coming.

Gameplay: Full house recommended. Free-for-all battles.

Features a free for all battle using tanks, helicopters, turrets, and other vehicles supplied to the player. A well laid out base allows players to navigate throughout the base and outside.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now recruiting! Require a terrainer and an assisstant terrainer. Recruitment thread here:
[RAINBOW][Hellfire Basin Recruitment][/RAINBOW]]

Last edited:
Level 4
you can't expect people to be impressed by 3 sentences. Try actually work on your map first, and then post something that has some substance.

Level 23
you can't expect people to be impressed by 3 sentences. Try actually work on your map first, and then post something that has some substance.

>.< I have most of the map done already. I was gonna post some pictures, but obviously, you guys aren't ready for that yet. I'll come up with more sometime next week.
-------------------
Edit: The reason I named it Elimination Tournament was because it is elimination tournament in the sense of Halo multiplayer. Please note that it is not Halo related.

I have some new pics of it. So you guys can see how far I am. These are the areas most complete, so don't go crazy saying how gay it is and how I don't know how to map. k?
-------------------
Edit: ok. I shrank the size of the bright sunthingy considerably. So, players will be able to see the computer a lot better than they would've been. Re-uploading the picture.

EDIT: I have redone the first post of this thread as to give the plot and general design of my map. Hope this makes it clear. Still waiting for a response on what you guys think I need to impreove. I have made a few changes to the map since uploading and I STILL require a trigger expert and a spell expert. So if anyone is willing to help...

Attachments

• prototype hangerbay.jpg
    prototype hangerbay.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 257
  • prototype bay complete.jpg
    prototype bay complete.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 274
  • super computer hellfire basin.jpg
    super computer hellfire basin.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Level 4
lol..... look at your first post. It really says nothing about the game. Noone said it's a gay idea.. just that you didn't really say anything at all. For example, instead of just saying this game includes a generator you might want to explain what that means.

Anyways, the indoor terrain looks interesting but you might want to work on it a bit more... the dirt tiles and cliffs dont look good with the concrete flooring.

Level 23
i know. The first post was as brief as I had at the time. I have added more to the first pic. A lot more. Still adding to it. Know where I can get window doodads so it looks like a control room on the far side?

I raised the terrain on the far side so I have a space for the control room for that nice looking computer.

Anyways, I have added much to that room.

Level 4
yeah well as you add more information, add it to the first post. It'll be the first thing anyone sees when they look at your thread so if it has no info they probably won't come back for another look after you have added more. It seems like a good idea over all :thumbs_up:

Level 23
yeah well as you add more information, add it to the first post. It'll be the first thing anyone sees when they look at your thread so if it has no info they probably won't come back for another look after you have added more. It seems like a good idea over all :thumbs_up:

ok. ya, I'll do that. thx.

EDIT: One Question, what model would people want to play as? I know what the origional elimination tournament uses, but would they want the starcraft marine model or something else?

Level 23
I think people would gladly use the marine model as much as the Rifleman models.
Anyway your screenshots looks kind of nice, but those barren tiles ruins it a bit.
Btw you should put your screenies and the info in you first post.

Ya, I am working on the layout first. Then I'll get to the tiles.

Your right, I should put them in the first post. Thx.

I think I'll use the marine model but use the standard weaponry of elimination tournament. that fine by everyone else?

Level 23
I don't like your tone...

Don't name it Elimination Tournament. It's not your map, and if you don't have Elim's physic and shooting engine, you can't possibly measure up.

YOUR INSULT SHALL NOT STAND!

This IS my MAP!!!>:O
I HAVE NOT RIPPED THIS MAP OFF SOMEONE! HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MAP ANYWHERE? NO!

I do not rip maps off of people. You should play it when it's finished before giving your ideas for the name. I don't take kindly to insults!!!!! You got that?! I HATE being insulted like this for my work...

Edit: If you want proof, scan my brain. I recall starting from the very beginning with the conception to make it. Then putting it together. This IS my work.

Level 8

I do not rip maps off of people. You should play it when it's finished before giving your ideas for the name. I don't take kindly to insults!!!!! You got that?! I HATE being insulted like this for my work...

Edit: If you want proof, scan my brain. I recall starting from the very beginning with the conception to make it. Then putting it together. This IS my work.

Now thats over reacting. When he said "its not your map" he was referring to Elimination Tournament. Yes, your map may be based off of the original Elimination Tournament, but You didn't make it. You made this map, but not the Original, and I'm sure the Creators don't want you using there maps name as a "Promotion" for your map. Your map does look pretty good, but you need to add more detail, screenshots, and come up with a original name.
-Calvin

Dude, calm down. Will is not accusing you of any theft. He's just saying you can't call your map 'Elimination Tag', because there's already a very good map with this name. Here's your proof and more, now chill down.

You have no idea how entertaining this is. XD

Ok look, you obviously don't have Elimination Tournament's physics system (and that's the only reason it was popular). So if you don't have the core gameplay of ET, your only reason to name it Elimination Tournament is to promote your map.

You're using another map's name so your map is more popular. That makes you incredibly cheap.

Level 23
What do I need to improve?

I am uploading my map for you guys to critique. I need to know what parts of the base I need to improve. I know certain areas don't have a roof, I will get to that. So, here's the map.

Please give constructive criticism. If anyone is willing to help with the triggers and sorts, please PM me. THX!

Edit: I have not included the physics yet.

Edit: I have put up a link in the first post for recruitment to help complete this map. I require a trigger expert and a co-terraiber to help spped up the terrain design. If you are interested, please PM me.

Attachments

• desert base.w3x
    3.4 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Level 23
Now Recruiting

I would like to point out that I am now recruiting for the project. I will require someone who has knowledge of advanced triggers and someone with knowledhe of spell creation.

Edit: my offer still stands. If anyone would like to help in the production of the map, please PM me or post here. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.