• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] Help with populating Sholazar Basin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I'm creating a spawn based strategy game (inspired by maps like Lordaeron Tactics) based in Northrend. The point in time in which the game is set is the moment Arthas first lands his troops on the icy shores of Dragonblight, and events in the game may progress all the way up to the end of Cataclysm. There are 16 factions and while I have made great progress, there is still a hell of a lot of space on the map that I still need to fill. One such space is sitting pretty much empty, though it is already terrained.

As the title says I'm at a little bit of my wits end as to what I should do with Sholazar Basin, the most I have at the moment is a backup path for one of the factions involving the Frenzyheart tribe and... thats pretty much it.

I need ideas like rampaging Gorlocs, or a controllable titan, or even Nesingwary trophies at this point. All thoughts are welcome.

TLDR: What kind of incentive or dynamic can I put in Sholazar Basin that will draw a Spawn Based Strategy player's interests to the area?

Sholazar Basin.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.