• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hearthstone-inspired strategy map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey

Any of you guys play hearthstone ( my idea is no card game k )?

Or battleforge ( RIP ) ?

So each player chooses a clan ( warrior, shaman, druid and bla bla bla ), and then, a hero of that clan.

After that, he may draft his "deck", or, in this case, his possible unit spawns, spells and buildings that will be available to the player during the match. Each different hero has a special ability, and each clan has a number of exclusive "cards".

Players choose "cards" from the global pack and clan specific until a maximum of, for example, 15.

Ok, match starts.

Now every player generates gold every second in an equal rate. That rate increases as the match progresses. Every minion, ability or building the player uses will cost gold. More gold = bigger stuff.

The player's hero is a static building with no attack. The objective is to destroy the enemy(s) hero(es).

To do that, the player must use the "cards" available to him with better efficiency that his opponents.

So, basically: your building an army to rek your opponents, and you choose what you may build your army from ( units and spells available ) at game start.

Every minion will have special effects to make them more interesting. For example:

Giant Hunters ( Mortar Team ): Very poor stats for it's cost, but deals double ( or triple? ) damage against units with more than X maximum HP.

Spectral Archer ( Elven Archer, Rogues Guild only ): Poor stats for its cost, but may be summoned on the FOW, and is summoned instantly. Like a last resort unit. Or suprise attack.

Ogre Magi ( himself ): Friendly spells cast in X range around him deals Y% extra damage.

Also, for the spells, these will be simply spells to help with the gameplay.
Example:

War Stomp ( warrior only ): Select a frinedly unit and cause it to stomp the ground, stunnning and damaging nearby enemies.

As for buildings, i don't really know yet.

Anyway, I think this is a great idea, because the game would be simply about sinergy, and big team battles could be epic.

What do you guys think?

Level 5
No turns - real time strategy

im sorry, reading my post i just figured i'm not really clear.

Let me try to explain better:

Think vanilla warcraft 3 gameplay: you get buildings, and then train your units, upgrade them, and kill your oponnents.

In this map, you won't need any building to make units. Instead, you can summon them with your hero's abilities. These hero abilities are chosen at the start of a match, composing your "deck".

And that's pretty much the difference, it is still an RTS where you micro-manage your army to make most efficiency out of it.

Thank you for the reply

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hm, I am pretty sure something similar (!) already exists, although a full-controlled card game didn't crossed my way already.
Sounds interesting!

Level 17
Sounds interesting. I've Played Hearthstone and I like it BUT creating one in WC 3 is Hard.
Does Your Map Use a "Deck System"? Like The one In hearthstone?
I mean "Saving" X Decks? If so, Then Good luck.

EDIT: Idea: Give As many cards as you can. That Makes the Map "Unique".

~_=Good luck on your RTS-like Card Strategy Game.

Arad MNK

Status
Not open for further replies.