• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Have a suggestion? Post here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Just_Spectating, HappyCockroach, Hawkwing

You guys said that when you turn, you cant see the tracks very well. At least that's what i think you meant.

Try the new version, and ride it. Is this what you meant? I changed it so instead of it first person view camera being a camera that's bolted on the front of the cart. Its now a view of a person thats in the cart, looking at the angle two tracks ahead of him. Thus when you go up, down, or turn you should see the tracks better. If this isnt as good as you think it should be then...

Here are things i can change very easy.
*Have First Person View, XY Angle current track (Track Cart is on) or XY Angle Current track + (1,2,3,4, or 5)
*Have First Person View, Z Angle current track (Track Cart is on) or Z Angle Current track + (1,2,3,4, or 5)

Possible Changes but would require some work (5-20 min, so not too much)
*Have The Camera It self, Move To XY track (Track Cart is on) or XY track current track + (1,2,3,4, or 5)
*Have The Camera It self, Move To Z track (Track Cart is on) or Z track current track + (1,2,3,4, or 5)

Note: + 1 refers to the middle point of the track ahead of where the cart is.

Was any of this useful? If so how do you think it should be changed. (Try version 2.5a before commenting on this)

Level 4
I think what is missing as well is the illusion of speed. And the best way to fix this is to add sound.You need to get like a roller coaster clinking sound. A possible one is from rct? (might be copywright though). Then you need to be able to change the speed of the sound or length of it, so when you are going faster, the sound loop gets shorter but still plays the full sound just faster. And a few generic screams wouldn't hurt when you can detect your going down a drop.

Level 12
I was at one point looking for sounds. But my hands are full at the moment fixing bugs and adding game content. I would like to do such a thing at some point if I ran into some good sound effects.

Also on the note of feeling like your moving. I was and still am considering adding flags on every 5th to 10th track on both sides of the track, so you can see your self passing stuff much more easy.

Level 12
So let me see if i under-stand this. When your above x height you see cloud things? or when you going fast you have a wind effect or something of that sort. If you could point to to a map that uses somthing like this or a screen shot or a tutorial on this sorta thing ill gladly look into it.

HappyCockroach, I still plan on making it so they can ride the carts but It will be a bit before i deal with that as I want to deal with that when I have the Ai units in the part and ride the coaster. Other wise i think i would have to redue the system for it.

Level 14
If the tracks are facing 90 degrees I think that the coaster should speed up/slow down quicker and also you should remove the fog when building becouse it's just annoying then. Maybe you should also add weather effects like snow and rain.

Edit: Enable more tracks also if there isn't a reason why the limit is what it is

Edit: Also remove the shadows from the tracks.

Level 12
If the tracks are facing 90 degrees I think that the coaster should speed up/slow down quicker

the next update had a updated physics engine. If you still don't agree all Questions referring to the physics will be to risk_fan2. (posting here is the right spot though).

Enable more tracks also if there isn't a reason why the limit is what it is.
The only reason its fairly low at the moment, is a I plan to add more players. I still think that it can be rised some. But if i then add alot ai units walking around the park rideing coasters with servel carts on a coaster and mini games being played. I figured I would wait to see if that ran good first. and then up it. It will most likey be upped as soon as i add a new player. (2-4 weeks is likely)

Also remove the shadows from the tracks.
I have had several suggestion telling me how people think the shadows look very ugly. But there very useful. helping to tell how high your track is and where it is on the ground xy position. Ya at some point i would have to have better looking shadows but this isnt my strong suit and to me is less important then many things i am currently working on. (you can turn off shadows in game if you want)

Level 14
the next update had a updated physics engine. If you still don't agree all Questions referring to the physics will be to risk_fan2. (posting here is the right spot though).

The only reason its fairly low at the moment, is a I plan to add more players. I still think that it can be rised some. But if i then add alot ai units walking around the park rideing coasters with servel carts on a coaster and mini games being played. I figured I would wait to see if that ran good first. and then up it. It will most likey be upped as soon as i add a new player. (2-4 weeks is likely)

I have had several suggestion telling me how people think the shadows look very ugly. But there very useful. helping to tell how high your track is and where it is on the ground xy position. Ya at some point i would have to have better looking shadows but this isnt my strong suit and to me is less important then many things i am currently working on. (you can turn off shadows in game if you want)

Alright but how about the fog, it's very annoying when you zoom out.

Level 14
Hmm, The fog. K I forgot i even added it. I thought it would be a cool effect if you got high enoufe on your coaster or was looking up. But if its geting in peoples way...

Ill test it, and remove or alter its height.

Blizzard has an automatic fog if it's turned off but you could still have the fog in just not when editing

Level 14
Alright double-posting so you see that this post got updated.

I think that when you're upside down you should look towards the ground a little.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
You could try getting more track models made so the curves and loops are more realistic and smooth, however this is not really a piroity, purly a polish thing.

Realistic shadows, the idea I mentioned eariler would be cool. Basically you use a shadow like ubersplat and mathimatical calculations to project where the shadow should be on the ground instead of WC3's crappy underneath shadows so the shadows actually reflect the track's altitude realistically and look more athetically pleasing (sound be graphically as demanding as you can remove the standard shadows). This should hopefully be especially easy to do thanks to the fact the ground is perfectly flat so 3D trig should be all that is needed.

Maybe you could introduce a "team work" mode, whereby every player has to connect up to each other's player building so that it forms a huge contibnous loop of everyones work at once. For droppers their segment should eithor be skipped or left as it last was.

You could also give the game an aim, or AI which generates tracks.

Level 1
I totally love this game!!1!1!

If its possible it would be good if you could allow other players to share units so that you can help them if they get stuck with the building, the reason im saying this is because there is always at least 1 person in every game that needs help with example: finishing the coaster.

My other suggestion is that if possible make a trigger that finishes the map in the shortest way possible from where you are, example: if you are about done and just want the coaster to end quick so that you can try it or something.

Suggestion 3:
Let the builder try the coaster even if its not ended, and let the tester stop when he wants, this makes it easier to test and change something thats bad without having to delete every part in your map if something's wrong in the beginning. (This is only for testing when the map is not open, that means only the owner of the coaster can do it).

Suggestion 4:
(Hard to make) A second way to use the "back" ability: When you press the button for this you will go back in your coaster without deleting the parts that you skip, (like the Back but not deleting). Then when you find the part u want to change u use the original Back command and delete untill ur ready to build again, the only thing thats needed from you then is that you get back to the place when you started deleting in the right angle. (A command for going forward is also needed.)

Suggestion 5:
I dont know if this is possible but, it would be nice to let people build more.. If its not possible because the map will be too big or crash or something at least let the max amount be devided between the current players on the map.

Edit1:

Suggestion 6:
Make it possible to stop the Tutorial if the player want to.

Last edited:
Level 2
Hmm im thinking of Being able to make jumps :p Maybe you can do this by making the tracks see through or something that makes them unseeable or making a feature which u can make jumps :p Would make it tons for fun. Gravity plays role in how far the jump can be and the acceleration u need! Of course your hands are still probably full with bugs and stuff so Harder suggestions will probably be worked on later. Hope u like my idea. Love The Map! :D

Level 12
SlytMan

First Suggestion: This is a smart idea.

2ed Suggeston: Hmm the camera is much differnt in my current build, but it may be a few weeks before i relase it.

Dr Super Good
the reason I have the tracks as they are was to keep it simple, but with out a hole lot more work they could look more more smooth on the curves. But it would required a bit of recodeing and maybe 2 more models. But this Its sorta far down the road.

About the shadows, It sounds simple enoufe but I gota hold off till i get the bugs out of the game, and get a few games modes in and clean up a few things. But it could help alot.

I love the TeamWork idea.

I hope to have that soon. I have one planed and built most of it months ago, its in the code but disabled i stoped working on it because i decided at that point to go for multi player. Once a clean out the major bugs its my next step, my goal is the end of the summer.

Broz

First Suggestion: Ill add a command for this to allow users to do so. Or a way so this is possible. This should be fairly simple...

2ed Suggeston: I have thought about this alot... But its just not that simple. I mean Maybe... But this isnt a easy trigger for me to build. But For warcraft this is almost a must, to lower the learner cruve but this is still at least 2-6 months off.

3rd Suggeston: I did this more for testing purposes. as i wanted people to finsh there coaster and learn how to do it. But This is a feature thats often asked for. Ill highly consider adding this in the next few versions.

4th Suggestion: eh, I dont know how useful that would be. But prehaps a intersting idea.

5th Suggestion: It is , But I kept it low for a few reasons. 1 i am consisidering adding more players and if i do so i may not be able to add more, also if i add support beams then it may cause lag in the future. but in the next version or 2 exptect the limits to be 2x. So 2 times as many tracks. I dont know about divideing it with the other players... eh that sounds more like fastest builder wins. but i have thought about that, change hte limit for how many players are in game, but decided ageinst it.

6th Suggestion: This has been disabled for the time being. as I found it helped hardly anyone, and everyone wanted to quit it after about 10 sec. so this is somthign ill get back to at some point.

Flazze And dab1966

I have heard alot of peopel asking for this, I have some ideas, but there not planed to go in for a while. But basicly where you try to have your cart land in a area. sorta like a jump. But this is far down the road check back in like 2-6 months if your still intersted in that idea. Also the idea of haveing some sorta battle would be in this type of game mode.

HappyCockroach

It was planed but I dont have a model... Also I am not 100% sure how i woudl do it but it shouldnt be too hard. Basicly add a support beam every 5 to 10 tracks but dont add if there is a track under it.

I could make it a bit more complex. Like if it builds one every 5 tracks. and it cant build one at some point, it trys to build one as soon as possible and then gos every 5 from there.

So for the visual.. Basicly ill just need to overlay the support beams so it reachs the height... Should be pretty dang easy. So maybe build 2 or 3 models for it. On for the Support beam that gos to the track. The middle segment, that i will use more or less of depending on the height, and a model to connect that to the ground. Or how ever you think.

Feel Free to build a Support Beam, and ill add it to the game.

Level 3
color chenge syste

I created color chenge syste for you, if you want you can use it :wink:
color change system.gif
View attachment Color Change System.w3x

Level 1
Suggestion 5:
I dont know if this is possible but, it would be nice to let people build more.. If its not possible because the map will be too big or crash or something at least let the max amount be devided between the current players on the map.
5th Suggestion: It is , But I kept it low for a few reasons. 1 i am consisidering adding more players and if i do so i may not be able to add more, also if i add support beams then it may cause lag in the future. but in the next version or 2 exptect the limits to be 2x. So 2 times as many tracks. I dont know about divideing it with the other players... eh that sounds more like fastest builder wins. but i have thought about that, change hte limit for how many players are in game, but decided ageinst it.

I meant that every player should have the same limit, but if someone leaves the remaining players should be able to build more...

I don't understand why you decided against it, please explain.

You could make the tracks cost wood, then you can always see how many tracks you have left, and when a player leaves, the wood could easily be devided between the remaining players, the only thing you have to add besides that is that if a player slot is not filled that players wood is devided bewteen the players in the beginning of the game.

Do you understand?

Nice color system, allthought I think it would be nice if it's just a command, like -color rrrgggbbb or -color random and some normal colors like -color red -color green -color blue -color yellow -color white...

Last edited:
Level 3
Ok, well I just played the game and have a couple of comments.
1: There should be a command to turn off the music/change it.
2: It would be cool if a player could add Water to there roller coast, such as a big drop into water.
3: Something where multiple people can ride at the same time.

Level 2
Just a quick suggestion: You could add a button that allows players to stop in the middle. idk maybe they want to stop at the top and look around. it think that would be fun at some points.

Level 1
Is it possible to make underground tunnels? That would be awesome :D
If not underground, tunnels would make it a lot cooler... Then you can have a theme-coaster or something like that ^^

Level 4
I've noticed from the demo video that the camera rotation can be somewhat choppy. This could probably be fixed by adding a very short delay (perhaps based on the speed) to the rotation instead of switching the camera angle instantly (the camera would rotate over the duration of that delay, making it more smooth).

Level 12
Tunnels
I have worked on this quite a bit a few months ago, and I have a demo map that works mostly. But I stoped as it was sucking up alot of time, on features that should come latter. But You may see this at some point. If i get far enough.

Camera
Well, I tried to do it that way. But apparently its not working as i intended. Ill take a look at it. If you feel up to it, you can dig in the code it self and find the camera function in the rider, and suggestion how to change it. Other wise ill try, but i don't know if ill be able to make it much better.

It's good to know you've still been working on this awesome project. Few people are that perseverant with their projects.

If you ever need a model, ask me. I'm getting my laptop back very soon and I will be modelling once again. By the way, you didn't respond to my question about support models:
What height should each support piece have?

I was thinking about only 2 models. 1 that is infitely high, starting from the floor going underground and other that looks like a pillar base. Both are placed at the same location.
Good luck on your project.

Level 4
If the support model was infinitely high, it would keep going off the screen (in fact, you wouldn't even be able to put it in the map or create it in the first place because it would crash the computer).

I think a better approach to that would be to use a basic cylinder model and adjust its Z scaling accordingly.

If the support model was infinitely high, it would keep going off the screen (in fact, you wouldn't even be able to put it in the map or create it in the first place because it would crash the computer).

I think a better approach to that would be to use a basic cylinder model and adjust its Z scaling accordingly.
Erm...you don't get it. Infinitely high is a way to say very high. It doesn't crash the computer at all, it's just the same as if it was very short. Polies is what matter.
Adjusting Z scaling via triggers? I don't think so.

Level 4
I'm not sure how infinitely high is "another way of saying very high". That doesn't make sense at all.

Also, you can't change an object's height in game? Fail engine is fail.

Level 12
Also, you can't change an object's height in game?
Yes you can. Change Z Height at x speed. Its a Trigger.

HappyCockroach

Your Idea of this (1 that is infitely high, starting from the floor going underground and other that looks like a pillar base.) Could work

Or

Well, If you made a base model, for the ground and another model that, I could stack or something....

So if the support pice was side ways i think it would look like this

Part 1 Part 2 Part 2 ect

\
|-- ----- ----- -----
/

I think your idea would be most easy, If it would work, cause i thought units go pushed up, when you try to put them underground.

So I could only see the support beams working going straight up.. and maybe 15,30,45 degrees max. (Would only need the models going up from you, Ill change the rest in the editor)

If you make them, and they look decent with the metal tracks, the one that's one by default, then ill add them to the game. It may take me a bit get the triggers in place, but shouldn't be to hard.

In Short Yes, I would use them. If you made them

Status
Not open for further replies.