• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Harmony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Well i came up with an idea to make something like samurai under a waterfall meditating

Please post suggestions about it to make it better ,thanks :)

Attachments

• Harmony7.jpg
    Harmony7.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Level 23
Maybe adding some intense fog which would give a nice addition to the waterfall.
Also I think there's to much doodad spamming on the sides of the terrain, it would look more like harmony without too many doodads!
When it comes to the river some more tile variation would also look nice!
You should also try to fix the water of the waterfall which comes out on the sides of the waterfall, maybe by rescaling them!
Some more work is needed, but the idea is very nice! ;-)

Level 4
Thanks for the feedback and there is a fog it's yellow, but very little and yeah now i see those ugly waters coming out of the waterfall i'll try to fix them tomorrow ( I need sleep I'm GMT + 2) so i'll try to remove some stuff and add more fog also I used light from above (angeled) in the camera to get more brightness and if I still can't do something may you help me out please :) I'd be very glad.

Level 4
ok thanks :) i'm going to school now when i return i'll try to edit it and as i told u if something isn't good i'll ask for help :)

EDIT: by too many doodads do you mean trees or grass or both?

Level 4
Well i can remove grass and rocks but trees are for something like pine forest. So I don't really want to remove them.

Level 4
Ok I will but as I told you I need to go to school now so I'll do it later.

Level 4
Yes, that's what I mentioned in my first post, try to change that and it will improve the terrain a lot and get rid of this strange waterfalls:grin:

Maybe try to reposition the Blademaster a little!

Well ok in his first position he was in the white fog in the waterfall so i moved him a little :grin:

Level 4
but I would suggest deleting this yellwo plants.
I personally hate them!

Which ones, the flowers? Yeah I thought they look too spammed and one of a kind (no other) I'll do it later i spent like 30 min doing this and improving everything I just need a little break :) . Oh and what do you suppose using instead of those yellow flowers?

EDIT: Can you tell me where to find the flying around leaves , I think they'll make it even better. And maybe adding critters (deer)?

Last edited:
Level 4
Update again :)

EDIT: I see I have 100+ views but almost no comments :(

Last edited:
Level 4
thanks man :)

Edit: I have this pack i only need to unzip.
And tell me for any other update to do. I'm going to sleep :)
Oh and i tried another fog it just appears for 10 sec and it disappears after that so i don't have luck with it :(

Level 4
There is another way of downloading this as a map, that's easier!

ok I will :)
Also 3 minutes ago i tried the map and i saw there is big difference with or without fog :)
Also another update :) One of the waterfalls (the river) was going half over one rock and the other half of the rock was dry.

Level 23
I think i_brg_doom means the smoothing tool which would allow you, to smooth the ground a little to make it more realistic. You know what I'm talking about, I'm not sure of the english term where to find it.
But maybe this tutorial helps you: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...78/ultimate-beginners-terrain-tutorial-35233/

THere's a section about hills and cliffs where this tool is used to, just read through it, I hope this will help you!

Level 4
Oh ok now I see not doods but just making the hill smoother. I'll do it after 15-20 min :)

Level 4
Well ok but later , now i'm gonna play a little with my friend :) . And thanks for the feedback :) . Also little rocks are made by lowering X,Y,Z on the doodad to 10-20 right?

Level 23
Yes but there are two ways doing that: you want be able to change thos scale values to 10 or 20, which is very small, you should instead use 40-70 wihtout changing minumum scale values of the rocks in object editor (subtitle: doodads). Might change the minimum scale value to 40 there. this should do it.
Other way is just to lower the rocks into the earth, nearly the same effect, but not as good I agree, on the other hand less work;-)

Level 4
well there is one just behind the picture ( on the terrain) but ok little later now i'm playing ;)

Level 18
Level 4
Updated , enjoy :smile:
Also pls comment, 300 views with only 3 people commented.

Level 23
Ok, I normally don't try to point with a finger and say: do exactly this and this, because it won't really help you as a terrainer. But this time I do it, because I got the feeling that this might be the last thing, that you should change.
YOu now the rocks, with the greenish grassy thing on top, you used at the waterfall? copy one of them and put it, right in the left, down border of the picture, this might have a huge effect on the overall look! :)

Level 23
I could comment again.
But no, I did it to often:p
uuuupppss....did it again:-D
SO I will add a few things. Somehow, maybe give some more tilevariation to the left side next to the river, a "rough dirt" tile or something would help there, maybe adding some random grass and deleting some of the shrubs that are placed on the dirt tiles!

Level 4
Man i'll do it but not now and also i had to rework the rocks because i set the minimum scale back to 80 and they got bigger. I agree with the grass on the dirt tile i'l remove it and maybe then it will be ok :)

Level 18
very nice idea. not to good execution.

You are on teh right track. all you have to do is get a better angle. Including the sky is really one o the best ways to provide a sence of depth. Here even thought its a close up shot, doesnt seem to serence or harmoneous enough.

So in other words. Great foreground, no back ground. You need background.

Level 4
If I'm going to make background i have at least 1 hour to make it.It doesn't have anything in the back :(

Level 2
I liked how this terren ended looking up , very nice .And i am willing to see with a back ground it would look like a lot better , such as a better angle =D

Level 4
I liked how this terren ended looking up , very nice .And i am willing to see with a back ground it would look like a lot better , such as a better angle =D

Well I have many work around school this month also many exams so maybe I'll do it in the holidays or by the end of the month. Also thx for the feedback :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.