• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Colours in Harmony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So i was sitting down behind computer and thinking "What terrain I should try to do?" Thinking and thinking and no results. Looked around in room and idea just like bumped into my mind: Colours

So here it is: Harmony of Colours

Tryed to but main work on colors, like the name says: lot of work with lightning, glow and other light models. But now when finished i felt it seems unfinished. It has lack of doodads and i dont have any idea what to put in picture. So please try to give some ideas what to do, to make it look better.

Colours in Harmony.jpg

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Make sure the glow models completely covers the objects. As seen on the first rightbound torch, and the first rightbound tree, when it doesn't completely cover it you get ugly, jagged blind spots.
Another aspect to consider is the sky, which currently is quite boring in comparison. The clouds are stretched, and all the glows renders it too bright and untidy (in lack of better terms).

Nice idea though.

Level 7
Oh god, this is awesome. My only suggestion is to make the background fade more realistically at the back ( put some more fog doodads around the tree at the end ). I am also somewhat curious as to how you made the colours in the middle become slightly blurred and also make the ground seem to disappear, that is a neat effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.