• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hardest boss ever o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Well I think this is prolly the hadrest boss ever... Cause I heard that no one has ever won it without using continue :O (Haven't played the game myself though, but brother has and he has never won this... And that's the hardrest difficulty you can get in that game)

Last edited:
Level 8
You, sir, have obviously never played TouHou.

EDIT: Although I'ma have to admit that some of these patterns look pretty tough.

EDITEDIT: OK, the last coupla spellcards look craazy hard. Bullets that don't move straight = Crazy! Plus, that's alotta bullets o_O

EDITEDITEDIT: OK, you win. That's alot harder than TouHou normally is... Still, Subterranean Animism's coming out, which is supposed to be really hard -.-

(Example, single spell (So not an entire boss fight, just a sampler), Reimu Harukei from TouHou, Concealed the Conclusion)

Level 12
ive seen that before, but its still pretty hard, one thing that makes it easier is the small hitbox on the thing that you are controlling. The hitbox for taking damage is not as big as the spaceship(or whatever it is).

Its still pretty impossible though :p

Level 8
For those of you who are wondering, Danmaku/Bullet Hell games like this have a small hitbox, meaning that it only counts if the bullet hits the VERY CENTER of your sprite. Most of these games also have bomb systems, where you get a small bit of time before you die to cast a spell removing all bullets from the screen and dealing heavy damage.

Hardest boss I ever got to fight was Ilya Pasternak's CFA-44 on Ace mode in Ace combat 6.

Here's why:

He's stealthy. Meaning when you don't have him in the center of your screen for long enough he disppears from your missile lock-on. This is even tougher because he's got an army of drones that fly and turn extremely fast while also trying to gun you down. When you lose his signal you wind up tracking these drones instead, which look and fly a lot alike.

This wouldn't be so tough if the aircraft wasn't insanely overpowered. He can reach speeds of 900 knots (really fucking fast) in mere seconds and can take a unrealisticly sharp 180 degree turn at any moment. He's also got enough health to withstand 8 missiles.
He's near impossible to hit because he keeps overflying you at high speeds so you never get a decent lock-on.
Also, he can fire 12 homing missiles at a time on a single target (ie: YOU), has ESM (which makes his missiles much more accurate) and can decide to disappear from the map for a few seconds (though he can't hurt you in that mode).

This is made worse because the sky in the level is VERY BRIGHT, meaning his 12 rockets don't show up well and you don't get to see them coming.

In short, **** you Pasternak.

Level 3
Wow, that's pretty crazy...

Well, if you want to know what I think the hardest boss is, I'd have to say it was one of the secret bosses in Tales of Symphonia, I beat him about 3 years ago, though, and I can't remember much of the details, only that I had to fight him over 5 times and he has about 10 million health.

Status
Not open for further replies.