• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Flexible Raids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Lately I've been trying out flexible raiding and for someone like me who wants to play the game when I want to play the game instead of when my guild tells me to play the game flexible raiding is the best thing ever to have been made. All you need is to link the achievement from raidfinder and have higher than 530 ilvl and when the Timeless Isle drops 535 items that's really easy to achieve. This way I can log in whenever I want and just clear 4 bosses in flexible raids in 45 minutes without being part of a raiding guild and maintaining my right to be able to play after my own time and not by the guilds time. However unlike raid finder it also forces me to know the boss fights and remain active and awake, therefor making it the perfect difficulty in my eyes. I've spent so many years in the past gearing up for heroic to be a part of the story just to have the gear rendered useless in the next patch so it's nice that I can finally have a difficulty that allows me to be part of the lore and not being forced to play 6 hours every day just to gear up to every patch.

This is just my opinion, what do you think about flexible raids, do you agree with me or do you think that flexible raiding is a pest on the community?

Whaat? I never noticed they added that (haven't been keeping up with the patch notes.. er.. since I haven't played since 5.3).

In my opinion, it sounds pretty awesome. I think Blizzard is doing a pretty good job of getting people to view the content in the actual patches. I have pretty much shied away from any 'serious' PvE since Wrath, but this might be a nice opportunity in the future. After all, going from raid finder -> organized raid is a pretty big jump. It is nice to have an inbetween.

Also, I am completely for the "flexibility" aspect. One of the reasons why I didn't join PvE guilds was that they had raiding times that would rarely fit my schedule. I mean, there is raid finder for that, but I'm sure you've had your fair share of frustrations with raid finder to know why it isn't the "best" solution...

And the dynamic scaling feature seems pretty neat. I never thought they'd actually implement something like that.

Damn, this patch is very tempting. Perhaps I'll use that trial ~thanksgiving or december just to see how things are.

Level 24
Whaat? I never noticed they added that (haven't been keeping up with the patch notes.. er.. since I haven't played since 5.3).

In my opinion, it sounds pretty awesome. I think Blizzard is doing a pretty good job of getting people to view the content in the actual patches. I have pretty much shied away from any 'serious' PvE since Wrath, but this might be a nice opportunity in the future. After all, going from raid finder -> organized raid is a pretty big jump. It is nice to have an inbetween.

Also, I am completely for the "flexibility" aspect. One of the reasons why I didn't join PvE guilds was that they had raiding times that would rarely fit my schedule. I mean, there is raid finder for that, but I'm sure you've had your fair share of frustrations with raid finder to know why it isn't the "best" solution...

And the dynamic scaling feature seems pretty neat. I never thought they'd actually implement something like that.

Damn, this patch is very tempting. Perhaps I'll use that trial ~thanksgiving or december just to see how things are.

I agree with you that raid finder in the past has been the worst possible thing in the world but since the release of patch 5.4 raid finders works really well since you only need to enter it once for the achievement, that way you can no longer get bored from doing raid finder. If they at this point removed raid finder then all the players would no more be able to get the achievement and you would be forced to join a guild to see the raid content because as long as there is a gigantic piece of lore in a raid that is just not possible. Sadly Blizzard started to make lore a huge part of raids in TBC and my aggrevation was peaked in 3.3 where lore was such a gigantic part of the lore and unless you were in a raiding guild you could not see it and all players should be allowed to see all the story if they pay for the game regardless of how much time they put into raiding.

Yeah, I definitely don't want raid finder removed. It isn't really the feature that is an issue, it is just the retarded people.

But I still want it there. It serves as a great starting point. Without it, there would still be a large gap between heroics and raids. Flexible raids bridges the large gap between raid finder and guild raids.

Level 17
ever since they came up with flex, raid finder has become retard finder most likely because all the decent ppl who used to run raid finder in the past are now capable of getting higher ilvl loot from flex and have 0 need to do LFR leaving only the most incapable noobs... the only good thing about flex is that you can create or join a crossrealm raid if you are on a low pop server and have no one to run normals with ...and experience the lore or w/e

Status
Not open for further replies.