• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Who'll win the Championship this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I just thought I'd bring this up as most teams has played at least one match.

Which team do you think will be victorious in the finals, and why?

LX38dcf.jpg

I'll put my vote on Samsung Blue since they won the Korean series which is classified as the hardest one. That together with the fact that Samsung white went undefeated in their group with 6-0.

Even though I'll expect SSB in the finals I'll be cheering on Fnatic since that's my favorite team from Europe where I am form, it'll be a shame if they don't make it up of the group at least.

Level 14
I will place my bet on Samsung White actually.

Well, I really want either Alliance of Fnatic to win the Championship, however you can't count anyone out.

On another note, this tournament seems better than 2013 one.

Level 14
So SK and FNATIC out of Worlds.

Alliance - To be honest I can't even describe what I feel. I feel that even if they get out of the groups, they are a bad represent for European scene. Seriously FNATIC have showed much more skill in their games and preparation. Alliance showed they can play a couple of champions really well, but take them out of their comfort zone and they are unable to adapt.

Next game is C9 vs NJWS. I honestly think at this point that C9 do deserve the #2 spot in group more. We will see what actually happens though...

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Fnatic won S1 because regions like Taiwan/Korea and such wasn't invited. I am not sure about China.

I guess it's a mistake on my part though, I kinda see everyone in Asia as the same county since they look a lot alike anyway, I can't tell if someone is from Vietnamn, China or Japan etc. Same with NA/EU you can't tell just by the looks. Technically only Asian teams has won thus far, that's my point.

I am not sure if I should be considered a racist or equal :p

Level 14
If you check region distribution, here, you will notice there were 2 Asian teams invited. However S1 was really small and the competition was no where near that of Season 2.

At least in Season 2 top four placements were #1 SEA, #2 Korea, #3 & #4 were Europe. Now it all looks to be an all out affair between Korea and China. Kinda bumped about this actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.