• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Greatest Boss Fight I've ever played

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
SPOILERS BELOW for anyone who might still be playing this game.

So, in this (very underrated, in my opinion) game, called Darksiders II, I encountered this guy:
argul-png.371034

Argul, The Deposed King

For one, I have started this fight with a level 13 character, while it is advised to be at least level 17 and have weapons with Fiery Enchants. I had none. And thus (as you see in the end of the video), a SINGLE heavy attack of this boss 1 shots me, while I deal very little damage.

Right of the bat, as soon as that little cinematic ends, the boss uses his heavy attack. So the player has to dodge IMMEDIATELY or die.

On top of this, I have to wait for window of opportunity to attack (when the boss himself is attacking), for the boss will block & counter any attacks made at the wrong time. And even that isn't the end. Around the time the boss has 60 - 70% HP left, he'll start using his final attack - Whirlwind, when he'll deal damage 360 degrees and will move rapidly towards the player. At which point, the player has to be as far away as possible.

The fight requires tactical and focused gameplay from the Player. It's also not monotone and keeps the player moving around the Boss Room, and changing his tactics frequently.

In fact, I'd argue that this fight is better than most of the fights in Dark Souls, because it's all dependent on Player skills and actions - there is no scripted nonsense, there are no unfair stun-locks/drops to the floor, and the moving/dodging in this game is FAR more responsive and fast.

Despite dying to this boss many times, I honestly loved the fight:

Attachments

• argul.png
    argul.png
    321.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.