• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Halo-Team CTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Alright. The game is getting closer to beta 1. I actually brought it online, and they found some bugs, including the fact that the players spawned in the wrong base, and that the sniper rifle required mana to fire. There is ALSO a bug with the Energy Shield triggers. It's hard to explain, really.

Level 8
mine too :( stupid school lol well the MC model is a big pain in the ass when it comes to adding it to the hog because its base stance is the stand animations so i have to make all new bones and then move it and it takes some time lol but ill get it done dont you worry lol

Last edited:
Level 15
Keep up the good work!

Edit: Alright, good news! Project is back on track. I've revamped the Leaderboard (as in changed it to a Multiboard), making the game a little bit more professional looking. Expect a beta VERY soon!

Last edited:
Level 8
i dont think he has tester slots yet >.>

anyway hows this for an animation list (each animation explained)

Stand,1-25, -Warthog just sitting there-

Walk,30-45,looping -warthog driving with mc-

Attack,50-65,nonlooping -(want the warthog move while the turret spins?)

Death,70-85,nonlooping -warthog just smokes and has some fire but no explosion-

Stand Alternate,90-100,nonlooping -warthog with mc

anything else before i begin??

Level 15
i dont think he has tester slots yet >.>

anyway hows this for an animation list (each animation explained)

Stand,1-25, -Warthog just sitting there-

Walk,30-45,looping -warthog driving with mc-

Attack,50-65,nonlooping -(want the warthog move while the turret spins?)

Death,70-85,nonlooping -warthog just smokes and has some fire but no explosion-

Stand Alternate,90-100,nonlooping -warthog with mc

anything else before i begin??

You pretty much hit the mark, but just some "just-in-case" things:
-I want the turret to spin.
-Give it a regular stand animation, and a whole set of stand, attack, walk, and death animations with the MC as an alternate.
-Could you make the walk so that it kind of moves in an "s" pattern? That would make it look better (more realistic)
-Give the MC part TC (red and blue).

goodluck. Shoot for the stars as ur first map man. People say start simple.
Combowhore was my first big map and it made me into a pro. Choose a hard subject and push yourself to learn. Thats what i did.

-inverted

Thank you so much, Inverted! You inspire me. And guess what? I'm planning my next project on having to do something with WH40K, but based on tactics in realism (ALOT of realism).

hey, can i join as a tester? or are the slots all gone?
I've decided to use open beta testing, with a release on the hive on the side. When it's ready for another try, I'll PM you. I play on USEAST under I)eadNerzhul ("I" as in igloo, not an "L" or a "1")

Level 8
for walking, animators just make the wheels spin my friend lol maybe the top moves alittle for bounce but nothing special...and how would the turret spinning make a good animation for attack?? you mean like move to the angle the enemy is at or it just spins the whole time lol i believe you meant the first one lol i wouldve loved to add a mc to the back but attachment points would be the best bet on that if anything.....

and you couldve told me about the team color thing before i got the normal one all ready >.< ill just look and see how the team color was done and attempt to copy it lol
good luck to me

on the side note of your next map, how realistic are we talking about??

Level 15
Well, I'm going to be even more ambitious, following Inverted's advice:
-Hopefully, if I get a jasser or what-not, a realistic shooting system.
-A squad-based control system (instead of the standard RTS format)
-A gritty story, written by myself (since I AM a good writer)
-A morale system (if a unit takes too much damage in the squad, he will shout "we're being suppressed!" and the squad will run for cover. If a man dies, morale is lowered, decreasing attack and defence. Stuff like that.
-A cover system, that will work in-toe with the shooting system. Some cover will be destructable, like cars and weaker-than-average walls. Realistic shooting in Warcraft III uses a unit for a bullet, as opposed to a regular missile, which means that it won't be able to move past units blocking it's path.
-An assault system, which will work as a squad command. The sergeant will signal his men to charge at the enemy, and they'll run in and begin to exchange melee attacks, which will act as normal attacks. There will be in-game checks to see how many bonuses and reductions both attacker and defender receive.

Level 8
that sounds nice lol any chance it'll be fps or is it gunna be tps??
doesnt even sound like your making a warcraft map lol well if i ever have free time i could help with models if need (thats if i have free time lol)

Level 15
It's going to probably be top-down, or with different angles. If I'm able to, I'll try to implement that First Person system I've seen around here recently... with some help, of course. And I'd love to have you on my team yet again. School's almost over for me, and I bet the same for you.

Oh, and I want the warthog's turret to face the enemy (but not the warthog itself). It's ok if the MC just sits in the driver's seat- I don't mind.

Level 8
yea lol 16-17-18 are half days cuz of finals and done for this year woo!!! okay lol (well if i ever get not lazy, ill reanimate the mc model so there is a turret animation) i like modeling real things so thatd be fun lol just gotta dent any projects i have/plan to do someday lol and im sure es could get dragged in lol

Level 15
Merge your posts... what you did was a double post, something illegal on this site except for important project updates and what-not. And the Master Chief model I'm using is the fixed version by Werewulf, with working attachment points and what-not. So don't worry.

Level 8
There is allready an awsome halo-CTF blood gulch map out there. And it's truly awsome. No offence, but i doubt this can even be compared.

=/
Well, this one looks very promising, and I in fact haven't seen another one.
Provide a link to the other one so I may have a look at it, but This one looks very awesome.
Keep up the good work and don't let other maps disencourage you. =]
-Calvin

Level 15
EricDaRed, I DID look at the map. Don't worry. I got all the triggers I needed from it (which was basically the two gametypes).

Edit: I know the map your talking about, and, it's nothing like Halo. You buy weapons, you don't pick them up. The terrain looks NOTHING like it does in Halo, unlike mine. I don't mean to brag or anything, but I think mine is alot better. And thanks for your compliment, Calvin.

Level 8
Well,
Off the bat I thought it would suck, but it has some good points.

Pros
Interesting Grenade System
Everything seems to work
Probably very entertaining with lots of people

Cons
Terrain is Horrid, I Gagged when I first started
Bad Grenade Model
Some bad model choices all together

Either than that, its okay.
I have a feeling this one will be a lot better, if you haven't checked the screen shots on the first page, I Suggest you do.
Anyways, This can be made a lot better and I Encourage the creator to do so, Keep up the great work on it!
-Calvin

Level 15
Thanks alot. You know, speaking of grenades... I need to implement them! I'm going to use the crazy grenade system by, well, I forget his name, but I'm using it! And I need to put in plasma grenades as well. Thanks again, Calvin!

Level 15
Terran is complete except for the bases. The bases are on hold until ElectricSaiyan finishes my base models for me. Units and abilities are complete except for grenades. Triggers are all good except for my multiboard and respawnable weapons (I.E. make it so that if you pick up a weapon it will respawn in the same place afterwards).

Level 15
No. Respawns in the normal game take about 30 seconds for shotguns, plasma rifles, and assault rifles; 60 seconds for a sniper rifle; and about 2 minutes for power-ups (like the active camo and overshield) and rocket launchers.

Level 15
Good news! If you thought this project was dead, you're absolutely wrong. I am making major updates and revisions on my previous system. What am I working on, exactly? Well, I'm working on a system where combat is a little more fluent and realistic. Instead of pressing the "F" key and clicking on a location, you'll simply right click on a location where you want to shoot, and, hopefully, if my triggers are all setup properly, a bullet will fly to towards where you clicked, damaging the first thing in it's path. Instead of right clicking to move, however, you will be using your arrow keys. The only problem is, I have yet to find a simple movement system that is MUI, MPI, and GUI. Any suggestions?

Level 19
Good news! If you thought this project was dead, you're absolutely wrong. I am making major updates and revisions on my previous system. What am I working on, exactly? Well, I'm working on a system where combat is a little more fluent and realistic. Instead of pressing the "F" key and clicking on a location, you'll simply right click on a location where you want to shoot, and, hopefully, if my triggers are all setup properly, a bullet will fly to towards where you clicked, damaging the first thing in it's path. Instead of right clicking to move, however, you will be using your arrow keys. The only problem is, I have yet to find a simple movement system that is MUI, MPI, and GUI. Any suggestions?

Lol, don't use Arrowkey-movement, it causes huge delay in multiplayer.

Level 15
Thank you! I worked slightly-hard on this, so I like it when someone says it turned out nicely. However, I'm still working on my shooting system, so no open beta yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.