• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Campaign] Half-Elf of the Sin'dorei

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey Guys, so... I had this weird idea, everyone knows that Kael, the Pince of the original "Blood" elves were in an alliance with the humans at one point (well kinda like slaves to garathos) Anyway, The blood elves are a proud people, but what if one blood elf woman, met a very nice human man... and this triggered another thought process... So i had the crazy idea for a campaign i'd like to describe this to you if you'd give me a chance :) here it goes...

*note this is not real lore, and completely made up, so please bare with any politically incorrect ideas or terms*

In the Blood Elf Army, there are different groups called Divisions... these divisions, are each run by a Regent. A regent is deemed by the King, and made basically a commander of the army... Out of all of these Regents there is a High Regent, which is also basically a military commander. Anyway back to the idea.

The main character, "Doesn't Have a Name Yet", is a Half-Elf, his mother was an elf, and his father was human. This in the eyes of the elves made him less than an elf, and he was made fun of growing up, not given the save opportunities and such... So this Half-Elf decided he would be something more than an Elf that way they couldn't look down on it. He made it his goal to become a great hero, whatever the cost... Working his way through the ranks, the King saw his potential and he becomes the Rank of Regent gaining his own Division in the army.

Our story starts on the main character meeting the Division Leaders. Some like him, some look down on him for his bloodline, the Regent Commander, Magus... is a racist (for lack of a better term, kinda going for like a Blood Elf Lord Garathos.) and hates humans for what they did to the elves in the first place. When he finds out he is half-elf, he treats his with disrespect and looks down on him.... He sends the character on a meaningless task of which he thought would be no consequence.

Our hero, gets his new Division, I want to call it Dragon Force, but any other names would be helpful :). The division starts on their task into this forest, which is supposed to be empty, but they find it burnt and destroyed, they find that a group of Fel-Orcs have been trying to summon demons, (Nothing New Right?). So given this opportunity to prove himself, our hero sets out to eliminate the threat, until he finds Magus, talking with the Orc leader... when Hero confronts Magus, he tries to have him eliminated, our Hero wins, and finds that Magus was an illusion... Hero tries to return to tell everyone that Magus was dealing in dark magic and trying to summon demons. But no one believes the word of a Half-Elf over the High Regent, and for Treason, Hero is set to exile.

The rest of the Campaign would be trying to defeat the entire Blood Elf Race, to save the blood elf race...

So what do you think... I have other ideas like the Regents getting kicked out by Magus and over time trying to help Hero...

I'm looking for Ideas so please let me know what you think and if you have ideas :) Thanks!

Last edited:
Level 14
You know it's funny, but most of the time when I see a bunch of text I will start to read it before changing my mind and giving up. But this time I read the whole thing because it sounds pretty interesting. I think there is a lot you can do with a story like that. You can start off the first couple of maps doing what you described. Then you can delve into the deeper portion of the story after Magus exiles the hero. Nice work.

Level 21
It does sound like a pretty cool idea. Everyone likes or relates to a character caught in between two worlds/races (Hercules, Inuyasha, Rexxar, etc.). After being exiled, maybe he still has loyal friends in the Blood Elf ranks that believe him and would help get him close to the magus to defeat him. This could lead to little stealthy mini-games to add to campaign. It could also include whoever helped him getting caught and sentenced to something horrible, adding more emotional effect to the story.

And if you're looking with a division name with 'dragon' in it, how about something less British metal band and more along the lines of Dragon Pledge?

Level 9
Wow I wasn't expecting positive responses let alone, helpful advice!

@Chaosy: Hey! I don't actually know Mediev's story outside of warcraft III really and even then I don't remember it, if you could enlighten me on the similarities that might help me change to be more original :)

@Veritas 117 This comment made me smile so much it hurt, I'm glad it interested you, I also wanted to thank you for your contribution. I'm glad you like the idea i've set up :D

@Tickles I like that Idea very much, about friends helping him... Also Dragon Pledge is awesome!
some of the other Division names that i had worked out if you could modify them to be better were...
-Phoenix Guard
-Crimson Crusade
-Arcane Alchemists
-Sundwellers
-Morningstars
-Mana Hunters
-Shadow Stalkers
-Silver Sanctum

:) If you have any other ideas it would be most helpful... And thanks again for taking the time to look at my thread! :grin:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
well just the general one.
a mighty magican works with the burning legion (fel orcs) and tries to get them into azzeroth. And then nobody believes the main person when he tries to tell everyone. That is exactly what happend to khadgar.

play the campaign "the last guardian" @map section and you will see what I mean. (the campaign is 90% based on the real book.

Level 9
@Chaosy Oh I see, haha summoning demons to solve our problems seems to be a reoccurring thing. xD

Well I had another problem, I can't find any decent half-elf looking models on hive... I was thinking
- HeroBloodKnight
- ArmedMage
- Fradz

But the Blood Knight, is really flashy and his stand animation glitches and looks kinda corny.
The Armed Mage, is fine and simple more like what I was looking for, but his weapons are a little outrageous (Granted, so are Arthas' :wink:) but the only part that puts it out, is the lack or Portrait.
I like the Fradz, but I read comments about capturing Fradz "personality" which leads me to believe he is from some other franchise (sorry if I offend anyone by not knowing), other than that his Portait works and he has great custom animations. "Stand Work" he is...dancing... :wink:

The Real Problem is, I am not a modeler, I want this hero to be memorable, I am planning on making him a custom voice set, and he will talk during the campaign, I want people to remember him like Arthas, or Thrall... the problem is I cannot make, or find a model that is unique enough to capture that this should be a new hero. So if you have any suggestions for a Half-Elf, Hero. Let me know!!!! I don't even know what class he is going to be so it doesn't really limit you that much... just no :fp: Orcs. So if you have suggestions please let me know.

Level 21
Well here's a nice pack of Blood Elves at WC3C. I personally like the warrior and his dual blades the most. He looks armored enough to be considered a military warrior, but he's not overly-shiny with energy seeping out of his pores like that Hero Blood Knight here at the Hive. And, of course, dual blades are always sexy.

If you're looking for a more unique weapon or are planning to have some sort of mounting, this on-foot Dragonhawk Lancer is pretty well-rounded. You could use the Dragonhawk Rider in the editor as an aerial mount, and/or this Hawkstrider as a ground mount. I'm not a huge fan of the chest wrap on the Lancer, but it doesn't look as messy from a distance. The animations make up for it.

By the way, Fradz is used as one of the three main characters in the incredibly large, popular and ongoing campaign 'The Chosen Ones'. I suggest not using that one as the model was made specifically for the campaign :pwink:

Level 9
@Tickles Wow, I didn't even realize there was another modding site xD kind of new to this whole thing. And I saw Frankster's Model pack here on hive **By gathering info from around i have I understand that he is General Frank as well** and I downloaded the hive pack. In fact the Blood Elf Wizard, is my inspiration for Magus, and will most likely end up being his model (Total bad guy looking elf, he is great.)

Also, you don't think it is bad if the hero has a covered face? I too like the duel wielding warrior, them shoulder pads are legit! But, I always found character's with covered faces, disposable, and lacking connection to the character. I agree that he is indeed very Military looking, and if you think that with that helmet he could be a capable hero then I'm all for it :)

I am against the Dragonhawk Lancer only because I feel like he is made to be a unit, very uniform and generic looking, no distinguishing features, Also is dissipate a required animation for a hero? I didn't know if it was required.

@EVERYONE: Holy cow, I'm so glad people are responding I'm looking at your rep things and the fact that you go through the forums to help new members makes me all tingly inside xD Hive Workshop from what I've seen has a great community, represent! :)

Level 21
Ever seen Master Chief's face? Make the character's concept (or gameplay mechanics) awesome enough, and he could have a cardboard box on his head and still be a great hero to relate to. Also, the warrior's helmet could be a good disguise for hiding human traits if he has any in your lore.

Level 9
@Tickles, haha you have a great point Master Chief is pretty boss for someone with a questionable face ;)

I imported the model into Warcraft III to get a better look at it "I don't have Model Editor" and it was in the pack here at hive, so i went though the animations to look at it.

His walk animation.... While it has the bouncy cartoony style of most Warcraft III models, it is pretty silly... I don't know if you've seen it but he sticks his arms out and... how do i describe it, waddles? He also has no dissipate animation which I guess is not a problem, hopefully he won't be dying too often ;) But he has very limited animations... I do like the idea of a Helmeted Hero though... know of any others?

On a final note... Any suggestions on what to have our Hero say? Like

Walk Command - As you command.
Attack Command - Draw your weapons!
Select Command - For my People.

Stuff like that :)

EDIT: Here is a sample of what I've got so far, note this voice has not been edited it is kind of the raw cut.

Attachments

• Hero Voice Attempt.mp3
    878.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Level 21
Another of Frank's dual-wielding Blood Elves: Bloodelf Strider
It has similar animations to the warrior, but the walk animation is insanely better. His ears show on the sides of the mask (making him look more elf than human), but on the plus side, more of his face is exposed as well. His lower body is a little small compared to his torso, but it's not too ridiculous. It also has your beloved dissipate animation :xxd:

Alternate unmasked models you've probably already skimmed through:
- Bloodelf Champion
- Hero Bloodelf Sword Master

Apparently Frank really loved making beefy Blood Elf fighters.

You have a good base voice for masculine units. Hopefully you can get rid of or tone down the static/humming in the background. I tried using a little voice modulation using Wavepad Sound Editor on your sample file and came up with the attached file. Some other phrases you could use:

Pissed 1: Whether considered elf or human, I stand proud.
Pissed 2: My blades <or replace with whatever weapon you go with> hunger for the blood of my enemies.
Pissed 3: Those who have wronged me shall see justice.
What 1: Ready and waiting.
What 2: I'm eager for battle.
Yes 1: Let's move.
Yes 2: On it.
Yes 3: Surely.
Attack 1: This will teach them.
Attack 2: Blood will spill.

Last edited:
Level 9
@Tickles, I really like that one (althought to be honest I miss the Captain's Helm :wink:) and it works nicely now I just have to think of a class and a skill kit that match that unit :grin:

Also, loved your suggested lines, however I don't know how to get rid of the static, sadly my microphone isn't the best thing in the world and it's pretty beat up, Your edit was nice, but made it sound lower and scarier xD not a bad thing. Also it was very clear so if you could tell me how you did that I would be greatful :) also, here is my second attempt with your lines implemented, again raw cut.

EDIT: Check it out, I found a static canceler online, tell me what do you think?

EDIT: Alright, So here is a new idea, as a side quest. Tell me what you think, So when the Orcs open the portal, before being stopped the Demon leader gets through with his right hand man... Runt. The model I was planning on using found here thanks -Grendel. On a side quest, in which you meet and follow Runt, trying to hunt him down, if you complete the quest Runt joins the Hero out of weakness ;)
working on voice set right now... i'll get back to you...

Attachments

• Hero Voice Attempt 2.mp3
    585.7 KB · Views: 50
  • HeroVoice.mp3
    608.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Runt Voice Attempt.mp3
    608.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Level 21
The static canceler works nicely. HeroVoice almost sounds ready to be used as is. There's a slight echo in the first line and some choppiness in louder ones. Maybe they would pick up better if you were further away from your microphone and either spoke louder to compensate for the distance or amplified the volume using a program.

The runt's voice turned out well (and the concept behind the character could be a hilarious addition), but that model doesn't really go with its voice. I imagine some skinny little trickster-type imp when I hear it instead of a beefy midget with weapons that look like they could cut and crush me into next year. Some alternative models that might fit better:

- Imp Necromancer: Too bad it has the skeletal coffin thing on its back.

- Engineer: Maybe too pathetic for a runt?

- Slasher Demon: This has an ugly face, but otherwise it's pretty awesome.

Or using a skin on a satyr could work.

Level 9
I can see how him looking like that could not match the voice xD, I like the Imp and the Engineer. Both match the pathetic i'm looking for xD the Demon maybe, but his portrait is kind of scary...

On a side note I found this model, wondered if you think he would match a good hero. Haven't tested in game yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.