• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kael Custom Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I have an Idea.

The first map deals with Kael and the last of his High Elf Brethen, rescuing Various mages and paladins from the clutches of the scourge. Kael will not be thirsty for magic yet at this point, so his abilities are that of a hybrid Fire/Frost/Lightening mage. (Blizzard, Critical strike, Flame Strike, Forked Lightening). His name would be: Prince Kael'thas "Level 1-20 High Elf Mage".

The second map: is him escaping from the scourge with some of his brethren. The map starts on a snowy area where he rescues some "rescuable Alliance"(2 riflemen and 2 transport ships)(The area has a burned down human shipyard barricades and zombies. He then proceeds to the mainland across the ocean, to another land where he battles scourge and rescues a few units(either being sacrificed or barricaded DotD style fighting undead) At the End of the map he enters the beginnings of a city where he rescues a friendly non elf hating paladin.

The Third Map: Consists of him, his brethren and his paladin buddy Rescuing villagers and unit as they battle through a city. At the end of the map he experiences his first "thirst for magic" and his paladin buddy perishes after valiantly fighting of a horde of ghouls. The paladin tells him to deliver a message to Garithos.

The Fourth Map: Kael feels obligated to help out because of his fallen friend. Garithos takes advantage of this and makes him do impossible tasks that he doesn't want to waste his human forces on. This Map will serve as a traditional melee type map, with Kael having to take a whole 3 or so villages back from the scourge. He gets help in the form of a hearty Dwarven Rifleman Hero, and his band of Dwarven Commandos, after Kael frees them from certain death in the first village. The Human Seige Engines and Morter teams are disabled so the only affective way to destroy the undead base is keeping the 2 mortar units you recieve with the dwarven Hero and his band of Riflemen(2 other rifles)

The Fifth Map: would be the First Blood Elf mission in TFT.

Prologue: Aiding the Hopeless.( Kael High Elf)
Second Map: The Retreat.( Kael High Elf)
Third Map: Retaking The City( Kael Half High Elf/Blood Elf
Fourth Map: The Impossible Task( Full Blood Elf)
Fifth Map: First TFT Blood Elf Mission

I don't have the time or knowledge how to do this stuff. But I love being an Idea Man. I usually just create melee maps ( 2-4 players)

Last edited:
Level 8
Right, me thinks that Kael needs to be at least slightly customised. Lets add a few effects so he is a bit less run of the mill.

Kael
High Elf Mage

Blizzard --> Frost Shatter
Icon: Frost Armour (learn)
Change the blizzard effect to the frost nova effect. It will look more powerful.

Flame Strike --> Phoenix Slam
Icon: Phoenix
Add the phoenix missile to flamestrike, and maybe a phoenix above Kael's head. That would look a bit better.

Critical Strike --> Ultrablast
Icon: Brilliance Aura
Just add a missile effect (maybe that dragonhawk one). This means that his missile will change when he crits!

Forked Lightning --> Thunderstrike
Icon: Forked Lightning/Monsoon
If you can, add thunderclaps onto the end of the lightning strikes, or under Kael's feet.

With those effects (or something a bit different) Kael will seem a bit more powerful (or at least visually).

The story seems Ok, it will be a bit better once it has been created. I would love to give you help for this, but I can only do ideas and story writing.

Level 5
I am an Idea/story writing man myself, haha. But I do like experimenting with terrain and making custom units.

I will play around with your Unit customization, because it sounds like a nice Idea. Personally I can't really develop any campaigns at the moment, due to life and its realness. And Triggers are not my forte. The only Quest Trigger I can make is a Main quest (Unit Enters region, Unit Wins), Cinematics especially are hard. I have no time to learn the mechanics of each.

The Levels would probably have to get reworked a bit.. or a lil missing.

I totally forgot about Kael meeting up with The Night Elves. So possibly that could be reworked into the story. Kael gathers supplies to head to Garithos and his Caravan heads out on the lnog journey to the city of Dalaran

Status
Not open for further replies.