• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Halberdier

A Captain with a Halberd...
And YES, the animation is similar to my other work, the Pikeman...
However, 'Attack - 2' is a chop-down attack animation (called Halberd in the Pikeman animation list)...

Keywords:
Captain, Human, Alliance, Spearman, Pikeman, Halberdier, Halberd
Contents

Halberdier (Model)

Reviews
17:43, 6th Sep 2012 HappyTauren: Nice and polished, glad to see you've made this version as well :)

M

17:43, 6th Sep 2012
HappyTauren: Nice and polished, glad to see you've made this version as well :)

Gojira2000

G

Gojira2000

Yes Thank You! This exactly what I need for my map!! 5/5

Level 18
It fits perfectly. Also I wonder, how do you merge portrait and basic animations?)

Is that a trick question...?
Basically a Model Portrait file consist of
1) a Model,
2) a Camera,
3) at least an animation with the name 'Portrait'...

And my modelling pattern right now is in addition to the standard bones in the model, I also include facial bones for 'Portrait' animations...
However if one uses Oinkerwinkle's 'AnimTransfer' program to transfer animations from Model Portrait to another model (with both models having the same facial bone names), most of the bone movement from the portrait model WILL NOT be transferred...
This is due to the inferiority of the program itself, as it can only transfer animations to bones with standard names (I'm guessing here... Perhaps my modelling tool is somewhat outdated...)...

To overcome this, I open the model file (in .mdl format) using NOTEPAD and transfer the animation for the facial bones manually (Copy & Paste, then adjust the frame number)...
Some of you out there may find this method a real pain in the butt...

Level 34
I open the model file (in .mdl format) using NOTEPAD and transfer the animation for the facial bones manually

That's what i was asking, there are several possible ways, several of them you discrived in that post and i was wondering wich one were you using..

Some of you out there may find this method a real pain in the butt...

It's all about mdl modelling;) Still great job, i realy like to see simple, but realy polished edits like that.

E: also how about making his helm 'wings' material twosided?)

Last edited:
Level 8
I don't know if anyone will ever read this.. But when I import this into my map and try to launch the model on a footman, it doesn't show.. :/
Im a noob, what to do?