• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

habilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
im making a big map and i exceded the neutral hostile unit limit, so i changed all of them to a ai player, but cuz of that the units doesnt use their habilities, so... what should i do?

Level 9
You could trigger their offensive abilities pretty easily if you want, using unit is attacked, attacking or attacked unit belongs to ai player and is unit of type ??? then do actions Issue Point/Target/Immediate order depending on the abilities of the unit you want to have used when in combat.

Level 7
Or you get the JNGP (Jass NewGen Pack) that enables you to have unlimited neutral units on your map. (And unlimited doodads, and a 480*480 size map, and and and... :D )

Level 5
thank you.

EDIT: i went to the site and i saw some WoW stuf and some political stuff but no JNGP.

EDIT:EDIT: ok i typed it into the search bar but I dont know which one to download. Can you help me?

Level 8
tnks, ill try the jasspack, seems to be a must have, i was using a temporary answer, making an ai player controling the units without habilities, using an alliance comand, and neutral controling the units with habilities

Level 7
Lol, like habits that are abilities? My smoking is a bad hability.

Anyway, the reason your test map isn't working is because with JNGP you MUST save your map directly before you hit the test button, so jasshelper can compile your code. If you make the slightest change to anything after saving, then hit test, it'll bring you to the opening wc3 screen. Simply save before hitting test everytime.

Level 14
Alternatively, you could just assign all those units you want to be neutral to a seperate AI, then add a trigger that simply changes their owner to Neutral Hostile at the beginning of the map.

Would've thought that'd be a quite simple solution actually >.>

Level 7
Anyway, the reason your test map isn't working is because with JNGP you MUST save your map directly before you hit the test button, so jasshelper can compile your code. If you make the slightest change to anything after saving, then hit test, it'll bring you to the opening wc3 screen. Simply save before hitting test everytime.
You only need JassHelper if you use vJass, so JNGP's "Test Map" works fine without saving before as long as you don't use vJass.

Status
Not open for further replies.