• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Pausing unit while keeping passive abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
hi, i've been testing some triggers lately and i was wondering if there's a way to use the pause comand on a unit to stop it from doing anything while keeping its passive habilities working

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

If you want to stop a unit but don't want the effects of Pause, I would just permanently stun the unit you want to pause and then remove the buff when you want to unpause it.

Level 1
he, yea thats the solution i though of, yet i have some problems whith it as for some reason if a create a dummy unit whith the stun spell, it take about 1 second to the dummy to launch the stormbolt, and i need something a bit faster , i'd like the root to start the very moment i click the ability on my hero, if i can speed up the launchin of the stun i guess its allright

Level 12
he, yea thats the solution i though of, yet i have some problems whith it as for some reason if a create a dummy unit whith the stun spell, it take about 1 second to the dummy to launch the stormbolt, and i need something a bit faster , i'd like the root to start the very moment i click the ability on my hero, if i can speed up the launchin of the stun i guess its allright

You can move the dummy to be right where the unit is. Alternatives:
1) The aerial shackle spell (modified to hit ground units) can be used instead (it's channelled though, so you need one dummy for each unit to stun).

2) Mass teleport. Same as above except it doesn't show any buffs on the target. I think you need to hide the dummy in a corner where no one will see it because the channelling animation might not hide properly (just going off of memory off of a random post by Wietlol).

3) Use the bash ability with a dummy unit that can attack. You have to workaround the problem where it can't attack more than once at a time. I think there is a good solution for this, but I don't know how it works.

Level 1
thanks for ur anwsers, i've found a solution thanks to SAUS, i started to try whith diferent spells as dummy ability and evetualy i found that provoke has a small time while the animation its playing where the caster gets rooted, that time is excactly the same that took the dummy unit to cast and hit the stormbolt stun, so overall i got the result i wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.