• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Making Neutral-Extra player use spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Greetings chaps,

In the map I'm creating, I have a Neutral-Extra player that works the same as Neutral-Hostile player, but is allied to one of the 'Alive' Players. The problem I have, is that all units of Neutral-Extra player are reluctant to cast or use any spells at all. (Opposite to neutral-hostile that spams spell as mad) What I need to do is to make the Neutral-Extra player's units start using their spells (Just like Neutral-Hostile does), so something like giving them an AI?

Honestly saying I don't know anything 'bout AI and that stuff, so I'm clueless how to fix the problem. I was hoping you guys could help me out.

Thanks in advance

Level 11
Honestly saying I don't know anything 'bout AI and that stuff, so I'm clueless how to fix the problem. I was hoping you guys could help me out.
In my current project I uses special AI system. I can give you a template I'm using.
Remember you have to write AI behavior by your own, I left some examples with Tranquility and Force Wave ability.

Attachments

• AI_System for Neutral Passive.w3x
    15.9 KB · Views: 38
Level 12
You should note that there's a difference between natural hostile abilities and normal ones. For example, if you change an ogre magi's "bloodlust (natural hostile)" ability to a regular orc bloodlust, he will not cast it (even if you remove the tech tree dependency). I advise you base your abilities on natural hostile ones, so units will spam them away.

Status
Not open for further replies.