• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Guitar Hero -Unfinished-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ive done the terrain (but will be updated to suit guitar hero more as time goes on)

Im using songs already on world edit at the moment (will have more and better songs as time goes on)

Modes are completed easy, medium and hard (if there are requests i will add more difficulties)

You will be able to solo on guitar hero but for beginners i suggest 3 players for each team. One person pushes the buttons, One flicks the strings in this case i call it the flicker, and one person vibrates the string to earn more points.

I havent put in the flicker and buzzer in yet but the button pusher seems to work all good at the moment.

Here are some screenies it looks rather dodgey at the moment but hopefully i can get it up and running in no time

i have also attached a sample of the map its only got one song and you can now pick asy medium and hard

The circles of power is where u need to push the button as the other circle of powers come down.

the buttons are all hotkeyed with the start of each letter [Z]Green [X]Red [C]Yellow [V]Blue and Orange.

Please let me know if you find anything that seems off or wrong.

Thank you. Craigimus.

Feel free to private message me or ask here if you would like to know more.

Attachments

• -protected- Guitar Hero v1.0.w3x
    130.6 KB · Views: 68
  • WC3ScrnShot_061908_073056_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_061908_073056_01.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 148
  • WC3ScrnShot_061908_073250_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_061908_073250_02.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 134
  • WC3ScrnShot_061908_073617_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_061908_073617_01.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Level 7
Hmm i did suggest a Guitar hero on the forums and this seems to be it.

Suggestions:

Name: Guitar Hero: Legends of Warcraft

And dude use circles of power to be notes then press the arrowkeys in the right way and btw doesnt songs take a little to much mb/kb??

Level 7
had the same idea for a map like you, only with "rock band" and drums. But Gh was an idea of mine, too :p
But good luck and have fun with it, it wont be easy i think^^

edit: lookes at the map and its nicely done up to here. But please use custom buttons for red/green/yellow and mybe even custom effects. That would be great :D

I made the Buttons for you. Rep would be nice :D even when it cost me only 10 minutes :p

yellowbutton4 is a arrow key button, i can make more of these if you want just pm me

Attachments

• redbutton2.BLP
    4.2 KB · Views: 74
  • yellowbutton2.BLP
    7.7 KB · Views: 57
  • greenbutton2.BLP
    6.7 KB · Views: 63
  • yellowbutton4.BLP
    11.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Level 4
Circles of power is an idea but arrows ? wouldnt that be more of the dance fever arcade game ?

prehaps a certain hotkey ? like the first letter of the button colour B,G,O,R,Y also having the spacebar as the string flicking and prehaps using the arrows for the vibration of the strings if i can actually do all of that :p will be worth a try :) but atm ive been using skills on a lil char so i can base all the things around it then change it all if needed

Models would be awesome not sure of what i need yet prehaps something based around the game :p i was thinking of instead of the black abyss getting wallpaper of the crowd in guitar hero and putting it over thetop of the black abyss hows that sound ?

EDITED

Ok i can use the arrows to move along to the different buttons instead of walking which would be a pain

i was thinking of using up and down for the vibrations

but for the flicker thing im not quite sure yet does anyone know another key stroke that can be used within a trigger or hotkey ?

UPDATED
I'm just about to update the map ive added a camera lock and reset

to lock the camera type -lockon and to reset to normal view type -reset.

New Screenies put up and ive reuploaded the map again. test it out if you like :D

In the 2nd screenie u will see the yellow button on the bottom its not supposed to be there i fixed it after i took the screenie :D

Last edited:
Level 7
glad to see you used my buttons or some of them ;)
Tell me if i should make the Shortcuts in them, too. I could do this for you so you can concentrate on your map :p

Level 19
Damn I was making a map like this but eh... Anyways try using unit group controls. Players will have to select the circles or just use the group 1-9 and 0 to kill everyone around them. This way it might be more efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.