• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Guitar Hero: Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
A small and fun map for everyone
Map name:Guitar Hero: Warcraft

Name of the creator(s):Steel_Cold and El_Burrito

Current stage of the map (alpha, beta, finished?): Its has unlimited possibility for completion.

Summary of the map gameplay/objectives: Basically its guitar hero and dance dance revolution put into a single player warcraft map. Once you get the hang of the game, its able to be edited and you can make your own songs and post em here in this thread.

Map features:
Fully editable if you know how to edit a map. Its own DDR/Guitar Hero System (When notes are correctly hit, a sound is played). A scoring system to tell you how well you are doing. The only thing I haven't done with this map is clean up the leaks, so don't bug me too much on that.

Miscellaneous Info (credits?): x69xdominance helped test out this map, thanks man.

Please feel free to edit this map and add some songs of your own (copy and paste the two template songs and add your trigger into the turn on/turn off stuff of all the current songs. Then post it here.

Sorry, I suck at formatting text, lol.

Attachments

• GuitarHeroWarcraft.w3x
    26.6 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Level 25
I doubt this map will be fun or successful. Sorry, but without that guitar control, what's there to love? :p

I'd test it, but I can't because I don't have WarCraft III installed on this PC. Therefore I cannot really provide much helpful constructive critisism on your map. Sorry!
~Craka_J

Level 25
Now granted if you found a way to get people to hold the keyboard like a guitar that would be awesome.
--donut3.5--

Lol, as funny and 'awesome' as that would be, people would probably feel retarded and look retarded nonetheless as they did that. But yeah, you're right that the Guitar Hero is meant obviously for a guitar to be used in order to play.
~Craka_J

Level 5
I was thinking about this. And if I used the esc key as the strumming, would that work. It would prolly lag and make the game too hard tho so :\

Level 34
I agree with donut. This could be a map you make just because making maps is fun, not really for playing. You're going to attract a few players, but it won't go anywhere.

Level 7
Revamp

I tried your map and though it doesnt give that guitar hero feeling, when the notes got more dense and successfully hit them it did feel kinda neat so im going to try and come up with something to make it more fun =). Posting back probably in a hour or two.

I made that version now. Its pretty sloppy but shows a different approach. Not sure if i should create a new thread to show it lol?

Last edited:
Level 25
Yeah. Don't steal it and say "PWNTZ0RZ I 4R3 1337 M4P M4K3R 4ND 7H15 15 MY M4P!", just post it in this thread since it is a modification of the map and post it as an example of how it can be improved and so on. It would be insulting not to do so. :smile:
~Craka_J

Level 7
Nah i wouldnt do that =). I actually remaked the entire map from scratch, thats why its so sloppy cuz cuz i spent most of the time editing a small part of a song and i messed up in the middle so it sounds like crap.

But each note hit will play a small part of the song and when chopped up correctly like i thought i had makes it pretty cool cuz when u miss a note it doesnt play the song but if u do hit the note it'll play that part so its sorta like your playing the song in a way.

When in, activate the immolation on the circles and watch it go. Then restart and only immolate a couple and see how each note plays its own sound. It took only 2hours and 30min was like in the WE so cant expect nothing better with that amount of time.

If you wanted to play it like i wanted to using the arrow keys, you have to find a way to have immolation started on each circle key detection. Also set the required mana for the immolation spells to 1, its on zero which lets it go infinitely instead of the half second delay if its set on 1.

*edit* Dang that could be made so much better ugh. Oh well, I tried to base it off like expert mode, each note to hit. Its only feasible with something like hard mode, where you dont have to hit each note for every sound but just some of them. You'll also need a music editing software. I use wavepad now but I used to use Fleximusic and L.A.M.E Encoder.

Attachments

• My Guitar Hero Map.rar
    365.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Level 7
I just thought of a neat way to do it. Use the arrow keys left,up,down,right. Then in triggers stating that if left key is pressed it selects left note, up key second note, down key third and right is fourth note.

Then set the immolation spells shortcuts like i have them as a,s,d,f. So for a blue note you hit the left key then u hit the a key. So theirs 2 keys being pressed to hit the note.

The other way is to have some type of trigger so that the immolation or something that kills the note when its on the circle is only fired when pressing down on the left key.

The perfect way is if the spacebar was in the keyboard key hit selection like the up,down,left,right keys. Then when a note passes over the circle, you have to be pressing down on the left key and when its ontop, you press the spacebar to hit the note. So the arrow keys are the 4fret buttons(can only have 4) and the spacebar is the strum key.

Then have it so the song runs and the keys dont play the sound, its set as the music, but if you miss a note it makes like that squeal noise only.

Ill try it out sometime. School in like 4hours here so i'll have to try another time.

*edit* oh and if no note is within the circle to be hit then it makes a squeal noise so you cant just hold down every arrow key and press the spacebar like mad. Maybe have a integer trigger. Have it from 0-50. It starts at 25 and everytime you miss a note its a -1 to the variable and everytime you get one its a +1 to the variable. If the variable = 0 then game over.

Level 4
Using the arrow keys would probably be the best way to do it - that way you're straight into triggers without any intermediaries like spells.

Does the map have any visuals/visual feedback while playing? If so, got any screenshots?

I think the map will struggle to be popular without a multiplayer component - even though that's really hard to do due to lag.

If you could come up with a way to make a guitar-hero-like game in WC3 that works on bnet, I think it could be really popular.

Really hard to read the OP with the lack of contrast.

Level 5
Lol, how ironic!

I remember about just under 3 weeks ago seein/playing this German Guitar game with some German name to effect of "Splinkerwischt" or something to that effect. You use Q as first W as second E third and R fourth and if you want to strum you hold down ESC.

Nice idea, I like it!

Level 8
well, its warcraft, no other game, i think the idea of configurating the keybord in a way that simulate a guitar is good. im a fan of guitar hero xD... do you put all songs that PS2 have? or do you add more?

Status
Not open for further replies.