• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Guide to Hive Workshop

Level 14

A Guide to Hive Workshop

By Crazed_seal2

Why did i make this guide?

This is for people to learn how to use hive workshop, because lots of noobs are spamming... Complaining... and are just frustrating becausing they don't learn.
The usual fact is that a noob doesn't read the rules> post something> moderator gets angry> the noob gets neg reputation> Noob Complains. Then the moderator gets more angry.

Simple things:

1. Read the sticky thread that says: Read Before Posting!
2. Check the forum what it is about. Why make a thread thats off topic in a forum when you could make one in the right forum!
3. Do not spam. Everybody hates spam, spam is useless stuff that is posted and takes up room, plus annoys the moderator.
4. Take advice from the moderators, do what they say. Because they know what they are doing!
5. When posting in a thread, read it first!

Avatars, Signatures and Profile Picture

Avatars are the pictures below your name to the left, you can upload avatars from your computer,
get them from other websites or use preset ones on the Hive!
Signatures are the text or pictures under the line below your post, the line should look like this:

Profile Picture. When some one looks at your profile, your profile picture is at the top left hand corner next to your name.

English

The hive workshop is an English only site, its a rule, you must speak english
otherwise some people won't understand you. Also you could get reported.

Anyway Noobs. Remember:
-Read the Rules.
-Don't Spam.
-Do not Annoy Moderators.
-Just don't get yourself in trouble.

-Crazed_seal2

Level 17
Can I just ask if you've read the rules that come with The Hive Workshop? If you have, then why have you created a tutorial that just repeats the rules? If you haven't read the rules, I suggest you do. All new (and sometimes people who need to be reminded) read the rules and guidelines of this site so there is no reason to really summarize them.

Another thing - there is a concept called common sense. People generally have it, and use it to (as you put it) "not annoy the moderators", etc. In my opinion, this tutorial is unnecessary.

And to kronos21, you cannot criticize anything without a reason behind it.

Level 28
This basically sums it all up, with a slight touch of humor: Posting... and you!.

Also, please use the term "newb" instead of "noob".
A newb is someone who is new to the site (probably what you were referring to).
A noob isn't necessarily new, he doesn't care about rules, moderators, infractions and such, he thinks everything he does is right and moderators are hypocrites.