• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Evillizard's guide to become a SotDRP PRO

Level 11
Hello, everybody who is reading this tutorial. Before I begin, I would like to say that 95 % of all people who play sotdrp are noobs. There are reasons for this, such as; It takes about 8+ months to become a pro at SotDRP. This means RPing and building nice looking areas. I will blurt out some ways tell if you are a noob:
If you are using things like
play attack loop
play death loop
play spell loop
to make a battle scene, this is a big sign of a noob.

Whenever someone says that he is a pro at SotDRP, there is a much higher chance that he is a noob at SotDRP than if he is a pro. Don't bother asking if people are pros or not.

You are using Warcraft III lore, this is just rediculouse, don't use it, its a huge sign.

If you are hosting and you find yourself using "No theme" a lot. No Theme is good if you are doing a FULL public game with complete strangers with no one to back you up on a real theme, but if you have someone to back you up with it to help explain, this is another sign.

Someone is "Bored" and will say "RPs with the spawners.

You use a "setname" as OOC.

You suggest Future Theme.

There are more reasons, but basicly it's pretty much an easy tell for someone who is a real pro, so let us begin.
_________
Commands
_________

A pro knows ALL the commands, I'm not talking about the definition, it's just that all pros know all the commands. And if you get stuck saying a noob command, god damn you. I have a list of ALL the SotDRP commands at this link (Hint, if you decide to go here, I suggest that you DON'T wander around the site, it's my Chieffy's SotDRP webiste, and she's a satanist.) http://clanbel.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/826877-all-sotdrp
Now, you don't need to read all the lists of commands (the sfx and afx lists, spell commands, ect) as much as look at them from time to time to find a specific one, and eventually you will get the idea of what they are.

Making custom areas are much easier on places like Yag-sinekas because you can make it from scratch, but there may be some difficulties with Vanguard that you will need to work around. First, depending what area you plan to make (A forrest, a desert, a swamp, orc encampment, ect) you start with the enviromental things, such as trees and terrain. Say you are making a forest, take your spawner to a area with the terrain of grass you want to use, go into the terrain pannel and use the sample tile on the patch of ground you want to use. Then, use the other abilitys (Small, medium, and large) to create the ground. After you made this, you may want to add some variations just to top it off, but this is not needed. Even if you are in a civilized area, I doubt it will be tottally flat. If the host has turned on height (If he doesn't, he's a fag :p) type height 50-100 and use the terrain tools to raise the height slightly to largly, to make it larger. sometimes slight diffrences in terrain can make it look much better. After you have done height, you need to make some doodads. If it is an area with grass, make a few trees surrounding or inside the area. Now, trees aren't usually as big as they are made in warcraft III, so after you have typed "dood (tree code, look at the command list)" set size to 200ish by typing "dood size 200". Now, do NOT make a line of trees, this is just crap! And don't make them all stuck together, this isn't done either. Give them some room, then after put some flowers or bushes inbetwene for some detail. If you want to make some rivers, use the height tool again (Set at height -200 ish) create a river, then use one of the flying builders (I forget which one) to make (something i forget) fluid/acid. Build it around the area where you have heighted, and tint them to oh, mabye lower than 000000100 and increase size. Also, they will be floating in the air unrealisticly. type "fly 1" then "fly 0" then play around with it to make it fitting. Now, to make the man-made things, don't forget to make them BIG and use the 'fa (face angle) and 'fs (face spawner) to turn it. The Face Angle tool will go to 1-360. In a Human city, don't use farms, please. If you are making an Elf city, use night elf building mabye. After you have made buildings, use the terrain tool to make roads connecting the buildings. If you make civilians, if you are lazy just make a bunch and type 'wander and they will wander around the city. If you want to take the time, place them orderly around the city in places that make it look like they are interacting with eachother.

For this, I can only give tips on role playing realisticly. For other things, you need to observe others role playing. When roleplaying, you need to remember the strength, maturity, and personality of the character. If you are very strong and very mean, don't hesitate to throw people around, but if it's someone elses player your throwing around, they'll complaign and leave if you kill them. Injuring is good too. If you have a king, queen, prince, princess, general, ect. For the love of god, don't send him into battle or the wilderness, they are supposed to LEAD not FIGHT. Keep them in a save area for realistic purposes. Now, what I see a lot of noobs doing is shunning racism against orcs and ogres and such, and guys, you are NOOBS. People who do this are noobs, I'm sorry. Some Racial hatred in a VIDEO GAME makes the roleplaying more realistic. Please not, all the unit's animations are fit for running, when realisticly if you are always RUNNING you will tire out way to fast. Using the "speed *speed 1-999*" command edit the speed to 100-150ish for walking, 200-300ish for running, and ect. In your inventory, consider the weapon descriptions, and look through all the items. What I see is people using demon hunter with daggers two lionhearts, 40 extra damage and life steal instead of using two cresent blades. Text combat is also very well used amongst the advanced players. Always tell the person you are text combating WITH that you are text combating. To avoid 1-shot kills randomly, use the 'invulnerable command to stop that so you can explain that you doing text combat. Please play fair, don't always dodge if you are a peasant.

Most SotDRP Clans are full of noobs, not a single pro. If they have a lot of members, this is a sign. Of coarse, my own clan of Clan BEL does have a few noobs, it is mostly pro only, because the chieften must clearly know the that the SotDRPer is not a noob. If you are making your own SotDRP Clan, I would suggest that you get quality members that you know, and have people come to you, you need to reuqest people that you know are pros to join.

If you have read the tutorial, and it helps you, I am glad. If you think there should be more, give me some ideas of sections I shoul add.

Level 1
Oh my god Lol, You're from clan Bel? Belial? In Us West? Haha cool. I'm 0nlyus from clan ORPC. It was once RPC but uh... some stuff happened and it got inactive, so i got the remaining quality members and made a new clan.