• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[GUI]Small Ice Spellpack v1.1[MUI] - Requested

Reactions: calex3
Well haven't uploaded something thought I'm working, don't have time, just doing requests I thought, hey why don't I upload these 2, they're actually a little better then the other once. But yeah credits for Slaydon, his requests. Thought I fixed these a little bit more so if you see this, import the new once. Very small, important bug fix.

Spell & Info
Ice Lance
Creating a lance of ice towards target point, dealing damage to all units in a line and also slowing units by 35%. Destroys trees.

Level 1 - 15 + 0.6x agility.
Level 2 - 30 + 1.2x agility.
Level 3 - 45 + 1.8x agility.
Frozen Shield
Turns on a frozen shield around the caster, draining mana and deal damage to nearby units. If units have Ice Lance buff then the shield does double damage.

Level 1 - 10 + 0.3x intelligence damage per sec.
Level 2 - 20 + 0.6x intelligence damage per sec.
Level 3 - 30 + 0.9x intelligence damage per sec.
About the spells.
The spells are fully customize able for your needs, aoe, damage, and such. Thought the spells are very simple even for my taste, maybe it got atleast a little originality, not shield ofc. Also these weren't made for the S&S 18 contest thought they're a little symetric. And also I wont join the 18 cause I suck at that theme XD and ofc fully MUI
Information
Read the read me inside the map, also read how to import. And ofc I think if you want to learn the basics of MUI these are great examples. More simple it wont be ... ^^
This contains a model made by Daelin credits for that.

I know I shouldn't import stuff but it's requested!

Please still if it's requested, check it inside! :)

v1.1 Removed custom icon, increases frozen shield aoe and added value damage. Link to icon before used: Frozen Core Icon
v1.0 Released

~baassee

Keywords:
ice, freeze, cold, lance, shield, frozen, mui, mpi, attribute, damage, baassee, slaydon
Contents

2 Icey Spells REQUESTED v1.1 (Map)

Reviews
12:14, 14th Jun 2010 Hanky: Looks fine enough for an approval. I just found three points which could be improved. First of you could fix the green buff icon of the frozen shield spell and you could also improve the index system of your spells. Last...

M

12:14, 14th Jun 2010
Hanky:
Looks fine enough for an approval. I just found three points which could be improved. First of you could fix the green buff icon of the frozen shield spell and you could also improve the index system of your spells. Last but no least you have to fix the tooltip of the frozen shield spell. There's one dot to much.

But well your spells will be still useful for some people. So I'll approve your two spells.

Level 31
Frozen Shield doesn't seems to work at level 1.

I activate it at level 1 and nothing happen at all, the creep doesn't have any life deduction.

I also suggest you to increase the aoe of Frozen Shield, right now it only work against melee unit (It only effect range unit if you go close to it).

There is also a pretty good documentation and the script seems to be clean.

This is a example of a good submission. However, the icon definitely have to be remove; whether it was request spell or not.

Rules submission clearly explain it.

No custom icons are allowed in the map (that is not the purpose of the map!).

I recommend you to put a direct link to the custom icon that you think it was suitable for this spells in your documentation or at your spells description at this site.

Keep up the good work.

Level 22
Well sept, it doesnt seem to work at level 1 cause it does 0.3x intelligence so maybe that's the problem.

Alright I'll increase aoe and damage a bit, maybe adding like a value + 0.yx intelligence

Icon will be removed for next version, still can't find a fitting icon :/

thanks for comment

Level 25
Hmm, i only didn't like the Frozen Shield, i don't know the effects are simply lacking, to the point that i barely see the eyecandy and the fact that unit's that get damaged by it don't get any effect attached to them :p
Only my opinion but i would have implemented and circling effect for it...
Still this is a request so my opinion you shouldn't worry about :p

Level 22
Hmm, i only didn't like the Frozen Shield, i don't know the effects are simply lacking, to the point that i barely see the eyecandy and the fact that unit's that get damaged by it don't get any effect attached to them :p

they have an effect attached on there overhead :O

well yeah, it's very similiar to immolation but the eyecandy shows up if you change the test hero model :) but maybe I should make a dummy with attach and inscrease size

Level 17
[-]

1. The frozen shield would look much better if it was actually a shield and not an aura.

2. The Frozen Shield buff icon shows green... fix that.

3. When you cast Ice Lance, the "icebergs" don't disappear totally but their tips would still be noticed.

[+]

4. MUI

5. Leakless

6. Simple yet useful!

All in all, nice job! ;)

Attachments

• New Picture (7) copy.jpg
    New Picture (7) copy.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 150
Level 11
Even you say so, there is no an attachment to the creeps during the Frozen Shield. Neither in script nor in object manager. Also I can see pixels when I use Frozen Shield, it's caused by summing the hero aura and this "glacial" aura taken from the Hive.

However, spells are done well as always, yet simple, I'd like your posion spellpack much more. 4/5

PS. Btw, why don't you check your PMs? ;)

Level 10
Well, the ice berg problem maybe caused because you forgot to destroy the effect. I've use that effect in my spell, and it not show the problem.
Btw, this is a nice spell, the idea are pretty original, triggering is MUI, but maybe you should add more effect when damaged by Frozen Shield. Current is like no effect.

Level 22
1. Well, the ice berg problem maybe caused because you forgot to destroy the effect. I've use that effect in my spell, and it not show the problem.

2. Btw, this is a nice spell, the idea are pretty original, triggering is MUI, but maybe you should add more effect when damaged by Frozen Shield. Current is like no effect.

1. There are no effect, it's the units current model.

2. Workin... not enough time