• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] GUI Leakfixer Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
GUI (Trigger) Leakfixer Center

:fp: Open
Information

Do you have a map with a system/spell that needs to be fixed/repaired from leaks and bugs? This center is for all you people who needs to get your spells fixed, but can't do it yourself!

To send your map to me, for leakfixes, you must:

'Requirements

• Have more than 5 rep points (and be active on the forum).
  • Have a map that contains an fully working (except the leaks) map, it must be playable and atleast 50% completed.
It should not take too long for me to check and fix your map, but that depends on how many maps I am fixing and how big the map is that needs to be checked.

I will fix the following:

• Leaks/bugs in GUI (not Jass) triggers
  • Leaks/bugs in Object Editor
  • Add proper tooltips to spells (if wanted)
  • Change spell effects to make a more clean and cool look (if wanted)
To Request...

To send your request, I will need:

- An .w3x map that contains the leaks
- Some information about the map, and known leaks.
- If you want me to fix tooltips
- If you want me to make the spells look more clean and/or cool

I will not fix imported models/icons/other codes.

Please do not post an reply in this thread unless you are requesting help!
All information you need is given so please do not come with stupid questions or comments!

Currently working on:
- Shanghais AOS map
- Empty

Level 6
Give people a fish and they have food for a day
Give people a fishing rod, and they have food every day.

I don't want to discourage you, but I think it'd be wiser if people would just learn how to deleak themselves.

"Please do not post an reply in this thread unless you are requesting help!
All information you need is given so please do not come with stupid questions or comments!"

Are you retarded or something, can't read?
Lol, why do you give ANY help to ANY people in ANY way? Seems like you think every1 knows how to fix all leaks already? Got news for u man, not every1 knows...

Level 11

All information you need is given so please do not come with stupid questions or comments!"

Lol, why do you give ANY help to ANY people in ANY way? Seems like you think every1 knows how to fix all leaks already? Got news for u man, not every1 knows...

Sorry for not requesting help, but that's not what Eleandor meant. He/she said that it would be better if you actually taught those people how to fix the leaks themselves. And yes, Leak Check is a very useful tool to people that need to check their triggers.

(Me be smellin' red gem coming fer ya anywayz!)

Level 21

*deep sigh*

I said: teach people to fish instead of just giving them fish. I don't think anyone here is going to disagree that it's better to teach something than to make people sit on their lazy asses. If they don't want to learn how to trigger leakless, then they don't deserve to be helped in the first place. If they do want to learn it, go teach them instead of making them sit back and enjoy how you do the work.

By the way, the odds are pretty large that you'll quit deleaking other people's maps after the 2nd request anyway.

Level 21
1: I wont quit, I got nothing to do lol...
You will get bored eventually.
2: Atleast they will learn something from the triggers ive fixed
No they won't, cause you did all the work and they'll just come back to you instead of knowing how to do it themselves. That's the whole point of my post.
3: Why do people keep posting replys in this thread?
Probably cause we're all retards? Your words.

Level 9
Lol guys for real, stop whining... let him do this if he wants ffs.
Sorry MyHummeR for posting an non-request reply!

Level 6
Might need future help.

At the moment i'm fixing alot of triggers that are leaking, but since i'm really bad at triggers maybe i could ask if you want to check at the triggers once most stuff is done?

(Basically i wonder if you have time sometime the coming weeks, and i need one more rep point xD)

Status
Not open for further replies.