• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Grey Stone Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Backround: This is the prequel to the other story the Red Stone Story (Metal Kingdom). This book is about completely about the rise of Anon and his life as a metal lord and his slowy descent to solitude.

Note: I will be working on this because it comes before Red Stone Story.

Changes:
9/27/08, Thanks Linaze for the response, changes made
9/27/08, Chapter One begun
9/30/08, Chapter One complete
10/5/08, Chapter Two complete (short chapter)
10/14/08, Chapter Three complete (short chapter), also I would like to apologize for the long delay.
10/31/08, Chapter Four begun, yes I know the update took forever.

Grey Stone Story

Prologue:
Children of White

Sunday morning was always greeting with a bell, at least that was how it was in small town of Chervale. The day was quiet and peaceful, as was the night. Many of the residents were religious and during Sunday it was quite scarce to find someone not in church.
The only few acceptable people and people with reason where the children heading off to school, this was a different school, Saturday was the only day off and Sunday was the school day where many of the lessons where of Christianity. The word of god was life line in this small town, and even more, the children.
“Hey April, did you see my clay turtle, it was awesome, and Ricky thought that it was real too!”
“Yes William, I saw, it was cute. Did you remember to bring your bible?” April replied as she turned around to face William.
“I always bring my bible April.”
“Doesn’t everybody?”
“No, I can list three that don’t.”
“You are always trying to act smart like the big kids.”
“You are jealous that I can list the three.”
“I can too, miss know it all.
“Fine, tell me then.”
“There is Mark, Sean and Anon.”
“Hey isn’t Anon moving?”
“Yea, he is.”

Chapter One:
Potential

“Really?”
“Oh yes, he is excelling in all subjects except for one of the most important, the study of Christ, he is barely passing the lessons during Sunday, I constantly see him being distracted during the lessons and even the gospels.”
“I can’t believe this; if anything we value our faith more than anything. We tell him that the most important thing in life to have faith in god.”
“Well, you should somewhat be proud of him, I mean he is in second grade and he is surpassing many of the fourth graders in math, language arts, and social science, he has great potential.”
“I know I should be proud of him for that, but how could he ignore God, I will talk to him, anyway, thank you so much for the information, Ms. Palen.”
“You’re very welcome.” Into the car that worried mother went into, and drove to a large decorated and symbolic home. She entered and prepared to speak as she walked into the home.
“Anon!” Anon came rushing over to her.
“Yes mother?”
“Ms. Palen said that you’ve been distracted during Sunday lessons, is this true?”
“Mom, Christianity just doesn’t make sense to me.”
“Why not? You’ve been blessed with knowledge and you do not thank him?”
“Mother, Christianity’s myths and stories are just silly.”
“Don’t say you that!” Anon stood frozen, he couldn’t believe it; his mother never yelled at him like that…in that tone. “You don’t believe in God? We are the ones who began it all, and our child will work to undermine it?”
“Mom, I won’t change other people’s opinions.”
“But I will change yours! I can’t believe that you would be so…so cursed!” Anon was brought into a small bright colored room and stayed in there awaiting a priest. In that little room, Anon felt so afraid, he never thought that his parents would react this way and now he is scared, his mind shaken down and his idea of this town as a humble, peaceful town, now all undone, now all gone.
The hours felt like an eternity then…the door broke open and in came Anon’s older brother, he didn’t know where to think of his brother as his savior or his mental demise.
“Anon!” His brother rushed over and began to untie him. “We need to get out of here! Quickly!”
“What is going on, Fredrick?”
“The Grey Warriors…they are here. All the way from Chicago, I don’t know why.” The two rushed into a car and Fredrick started the car. “Come on…hurry up you piece of junk!” Then the lights turned on to face a tall man whose face is hidden by shadow.
“Why leave soon, we are about to break out the ale…” The two sat still in the car. Then the car doors busted open and the two were thrown by faceless men to the feet of the shadowy figure. “Hmm…a teenager and a little boy huh?”
“Please let us go! We didn’t do anything!”
“Shut up pimples, I hate teenagers…bunch of fucking angst fueled little bastards!” The man then looked and pointed a gun at Anon. “So far, you are my favorite. You smart kid?”
“Well…depends on what you mean by smart, sir.”
“Wow, you are one tamed kid. You got some potential, and I’m not an idiot, I don’t let potential go to waste…kid you have two choices. You can join us…or die…”
“I’ll join you…”
“Anon! How could you!” The man pulled the gun to Fredrick’s neck.
“Don’t yell at him, he’s a smart kid. As for you, we will let you live, but what you have right now, is all you get to keep. Now…get out of here. Scram you piece of trash!” Fredrick ran, he ran and he felt like he had been shot. The man then turned back to Anon and pulled the gun down.
“Hey kid…since I know you have manners, I would like to apologize for not introducing myself. My name is Overseer and I am a senior member of the Grey Warriors. Come with us, we will introduce you to Stonebird and we will show everything about us.”

Chapter Two:
Everything About “Us”
Twenty-three years later…

Chicago. Now the City of Crime. Now the City of Sin. Now the City of Stonebird. In this populated city people die. A lot. Few remembered. Many unfinished stories, devoured by an even greater one. Whoever’s got the best connection…status with Stonebird is safe for about…a day. Then, they better find something quick to keep him happy.
Birds are no longer welcome here because of the Grey Warriors. Always they are driven away the sparks of cold weapons of these modern executioners. They are welcome only for few hours, then driven away. No longer any point waiting time here.
That is why now, Chicago is a very quite place. Every business is afraid of Stonebird knocking at their doorsteps. That’s Stonebird’s Way. Nothing will change that.
What do the Grey Warriors care about? Nothing special, what most criminals in the slammers loathe for. The green papers. Money. Stonebird, he’s a greedy bastard, he knows it, and doesn’t give a shit about it. He accepts it. That is why he is one of the most heartless guys you will ever meet. He knows what he is doing, he knows what morals are, and he knows what the “right” thing to do is. But, that doesn’t get him as much money as he is getting as of now. That means, he doesn’t give a shit.
Confused? It’s quite simple. Stonebird is a greedy, selfish, asshole and he knows it. Morals and God are often abandoned in Chicago ever since the Grey Warriors invited themselves in. Stonebird would make Capone proud.
What is this place you ask? Full of mayhem and disorder? Full of criminals and street scum? Full of terror and anarchy? Full of murder and deaths? What is this place that you ask of my friend? This is Chicago.

Chapter Three:
Mortality

All things will come to an end. Stonebird, the people, and cops know that, but in Chicago, the scariest thing is not the guns, the gangs, the killings, and Stonebird. It is that they know their time is coming. They are afraid of it. These criminals, my friends, they are not fools; Stonebird is one gifted son of gun. Bastard got his Doctorate degree at quite a young age.
His guys understand how to inflict fear. That is what catches most people off guard is that these men are so wicked and twisted, it scares and makes them think how the world could have such twisted men, how the world could contain such “evil”. But…only one man understands that they aren’t evil. That they aren’t twisted or wicked. He understands that fear…is the deadliest arsenal ever created, and why not use it to your advantage. He understands that these men are not doing this for power or control of the city. They like all those luxuries, but most of all. They want to live a life, they want money, they want to live their lives while they still have it and that is why, no matter how “horrible” it may seem to the people, no matter how much pain is caused…they...no...he wanted things. Because of that, they are human, no more…no less.
People…cannot accept that. They will not allow themselves to view these criminals as people, as being somewhat…similar. But this one man understands that what we drive towards, what we want is what keeps us bound together. Everything. Everything. Everything has a reason.

This man’s name is Ronald. Ronald Marsus. He grew up in a small town and as a child remains very much like is today, for the most part. Unphased. Fearless. And most important…reasonable. This man…is very much like Stonebird. He fails to grasp God. He fails to grasp and contain fear. But…he succeeds in acceptance and that is why he has grown much different than people of Illinois. He had grown much like Stonebird. The town that he grew in was religious. It disappeared from the world in a quick and swift flash.
So…Mr. Marsus and Mr. Stonebird obviously have similar connections in terms of knowledge. Mr. Marsus does not fear Stonebird, nor fears admittance, nor fears even the mighty Stonebird. Why? He knows Stonebird is human. That is why he is fearless and he does not ponder why the people flee for cover as Stonebird arrives upon is steel chariot. He knows the people don’t want to think of themselves as being even remotely similar to Stonebird. Mr. Marsus knows what they fear the most, this great fear that many people want to, but cannot deny. Tis not that he is human. Tis not that he has wants. Tis not that he has reason.
Mortal, what we are, and what he is.

Chapter Four:
King of Kings

The whistling wind picked up upon the now sun soaked streets of the cursed Chicago. Without even thought, the cops know it’s time to see what kind of shit Stonebird decided to cause while the city slept and dreamed of a different fate.
“I wonder who actually has ever had the chance of talking to this guy without greeting him in a feared, wanted, honored manner. I wonder if anyone has talked to this guy like a friend.
“Actually detective, I have, and despite his obviously insane, but stupidly efficient ways of scaring the shit out of this city…he is not as violent as you may think. Despite his image from the public, he talks mostly in a light tone. He likes to read and enjoys the outdoors, whether it is the great outdoors, or playing an active sport.”
“Really? How did you do so chief?” The chief gave a somewhat laughable stare at the detective.
“When dealing with these types of guys, negotiations will occur and is one of the most effective and to some extent, a safer way of handling issues. These guys are businessmen…remember that detective Daniel.” The young detective went on to scene, and as he should, began to scour the place for evidence and any type of information. The same sadness struck the detective as it has, many times before, but this time with a different approach. Foreign, yet somewhat familiar. The feel that this is all too common, and that these who suffered from Stonebird where of no more and no less of importance than those before and those in the future.

Detective Daniel. No longer than five weeks has he been in the force, and how appropriate to many other of the cops treat him. Right now he is a horse and the veterans, the rider. Young Daniel has been doing well so far but won’t gain anymore respect till’ he’s shot a bullet at some Grey Warriors, that is a phase. Least that’s what the veterans say. Pretty much every police officer in this damn town is going to shoot a bullet or get shot by one.
Now…to understand how a great criminal mind works, we have to see it in action. Look no further in an alley and you should not be alarmed at the sight of a mangled body. Well…actually you can, perhaps on how mangled the body is. A dead body isn’t enough however; better to close in on the “process” of creating these scenes. We will look to the sewers, yes odd indeed, but not what you expect, there are hidden doors that will open to show a perfectly, and yes, I said a perfectly normal looking house interior.
This is where they think of plans, not live. They live on the surface. Why? Well, what the hell do they have to be afraid of? In these sewer homes, they take care of business, most of the time.
“Mr. Moore…it seems that you have failed to hold up your end of the bargain. We told you once; I thought I didn’t have to say none of that again! What is the fucking excuse this time, Mr. MOORE!!!
“Look…I’m sorry, it wasn’t me, and it was my employe-.”
“I don’t care if it wasn’t you! Now I made myself clear didn’t I? Well? DID I?”
“Yes! Yes…you did. Please don’t, look I will hold my end of the bargain just give me more time!”
“No…I’ll save Stonebird and the Grey Warriors some time.” The man pulls out a revolver and pulls the trigger twice, aiming at his upper and lower skull. “Don’t have time to put up with this bullshit; hopefully, everyone else on the list will understand that…”
Many issues in with the Grey Warriors are always ended quickly, cheap, and efficiently, which is bad news for the cops, and good news the criminals. While the cops are busy fighting the Grey Warriors, they’ve turned away from just regular criminals. But of course, some of these under-achievers are targets of the Grey Warriors as well.

Last edited:
Level 24
It was rather short, though as you mentioned it was a prologue. Though this didn't really made me any smarter, it is still a quite neat story. I found some places where a comma would fit in. Such as after "with a bell", "peaceful", "I can too", there should not be a comma after Sean. Other than these few errors I discovered, good work on the grammar.

Level 3
I just updated the story, and i think its best if I give a little backround

Backround story: This is story takes place in kinda futurish-modern(no real specific date). In the past years there has been a rise in crime because of a man named Lenard Royce. He created buisness crime, this type of organized crime centers around buisness and power to bring terror among these buisnesses. Through this process, the number of buisness scared into the organization's grasp is how powerful it is and their territory controled. Because of this, the world has been strucked with a plague of organized crime. Many major cities and capitals throughtout the world become headquaters of crime for many. The leaders of these organizations are often called, Metal Lords. They are given that name because they rule in the age of technology and they can roam like kings of the past with few to have fear of.

Backround-Main Story Relations: The Grey Warriors are a buisness crime, their leader is always given the title, Stonebird. This title was given because, "Stonebird" could do anything, and there was nothing the law could do about it.

Hope this kinda helps you, Hawkwing

Last edited:
Much better. One more thing, though. To identify the characters that are speaking change it to something like this:

Then ??? said,“ Hey April, did you see my clay turtle, it was awesome, and Ricky thought that it was real too!”

“Yes, it was cute. Did you remember to bring your bible," April replied as she turned around to face ???.

Status
Not open for further replies.