• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Metal Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
-Red Stoned Story-(Metal Kingdom)

I will not working on this until Grey Stone Story is complete, why, well because Grey Stone Story is the prequel to this book. Please critize, I want honest opinions on this story, I don't care if it is a negative one. Changed the title of the book.

Red Stone Story

Prologue:
Howling Past

Chicago, September 21…a cool breeze greets the morning as the children head off to school and the men head to work. Near the edges of the town lives a man, a man with a past that through his eyes can only be cured through death and judgment. This man my friends, has seen it all, money, power, and blood. Blood from him, victims, and his loved ones. In this home lives, a once powerful, now retired, metal lord.
Now, what is a metal lord? Lets wind time back about few years ago, a man named Arnold Lloyd began a new system and type of organized crime that has now become of the most dangerous, powerful, and feared type of crime. The instant it was born, it took roots, and it quickly became an issue throughout the entire planet. This type of organization lived on business, thrived on fear, and ruled cities with money and terror. Metal lords are leaders of these crime groups, and have become a symbol of fear throughout the world.
This haunted man, his name is Arken Breham, and he now spends his days fighting the very thing he once was the symbol of. He fights against his very own friends and his once great metal throne. Now he is the greatest mind in the force, but doesn’t not speak of it…of his knowledge…of his past.

Chapter One:
Red Bells
“Five years ago…”

Night, the once quiet streets of Chicago are now filled with the cries of victims. This is his land now, Stone-Bird’s. There isn’t anything anyone can do about it, and you’d he is right when he says, “Keep low the light, because at night, the crow and the raven flee like a herd, from howl of one and only Stone-Bird.” The city knows what real crime is. They figured out what crime was 7 years ago when a child in there city that was thought to grow and become an actor would grow up to become the first metal lord to exist and the creator of one of the most terrifying criminal organization system in years to come.
“Fuck, man I’m getting out of here, its getting dark!”
“Oh come on! Don’t be such a bitch; I don’t even know why people are scared of this big headed prick.”
“Look man, you saw what he did on Easter, its almost night and its Christmas Eve; I gotta get to the airport man!”
“Man, fuck you then, I’ll face this asshole then you will see that all it takes is to have a little balls.” The man enters his car and drives slowly away in the misty and foggy night. “Nobody in this city ever has the guts to fight back.” Slowly he come upon a gate, and leans his body right to interest his key.
“Mr. Munir, it’s a little late isn’t it?”
“Yea, I was just talking to a buddy. Anyway, ready for the gate to open.” Suddenly he hears a shaking. “Hey, uhh…Martha, you alright?” He hears an man clearing his voice.
“Ahh…that is much better.”
“Wha…who is this?”
“The gal put up quite the struggle, but as you can see, I still breathing.”
“Who the hell is this!”
“Your friend is kinda smart for leaving town. He will live, and as for you, not so sure.”
“What the fuck is going on?”
“Oh, I’m sorry, forgot my manners, names Stonebird…nice to meet you, uhh Mr. Munir.” The man leaves his car and begins to run from the gate, and runs into a dead end and sees writings written all over the wall.
He turns around to see a dark figure right before him. “Come on buddy? No hand shake that is kinda rude.”
“Don’t kill me! Please don’t I’ll do anything! Anything!”
“I’m think of a number between 1 and 10? What is it.”
“Wha…what is…” Stonebird then sticks a gun to the man’s head.
“Pick a number…”
“Fi…four, yes four is my answer.”
“Take a look at this…this is a revolver, it works like this…I will shoot you five times, now there are six slots, and one bullet loaded, you have about a 16% chance of getting a bullet in your head. Now just hold still, every time I shoot I will spin it so it is random alright?”
“Please, don’t do this to me.”
“Will a bullet in your head change your mind?”
“I…”
“Don’t say, just play.” Stonebird loads the one bullet. He pulls the trigger. One, nothing. Two, nothing. Three, bang. “Oh sorry man, looks like you ran out of luck, oh by the way, tell Martha I said hi…”

Next morning, the police station is rushed by reporters and journalists as the see the chief of police leave the station and see if there is anything, a story, a case to buzz around and to gossip about.
“Sir! Are you and your men worried about Stonebird’s movements this Christmas.”
“Chief, do you predict that Stonebird will ruin Christmas?”
“Sir, are you aware of Stonebird and his history of bringing destruction to and on holidays?”
“Sir, what are you going to do about the 2.8 million innocent people living here in Chicago?” The chief of police then raised his voice to speak.
“People, our officers are on the move and aware of Stonebird’s tradition of holiday crime specials and we are taking effect, I believe that this Christmas will be fine, and as for the people, we work everyday to ensure that the city of Chicago is the safest.”
“Wait…chief I have a few more questions.” The chief enters his car and leaves the group of reporters.
“Chief, what are you going to do?”
“We going to try to outsmart the little asshole this time.”
“You think he will show?”
“Oh yeah, he will show…if anything, Stonebird can’t miss Christmas.” Night strikes and the Chicago is now become a ghost town with people huddled afraid of what is in store for this holiday. Many people huddle into bars, pubs, and any place with shelter and television.
…Top news today, are we saved, or are police afraid? We go to William to see how the people feel about this limited and enclosed information on what the police’s actions will be for today and for the future.
Thanks Nancy, sir, how do you feel about the police’s current movements and behavior?
I think that the police are failing to do what their job is. The criminals are running about and the night is no longer safe, it hasn’t been safe in over 5 years, I think that the police are just too afraid can don’t give a damn about anyone. Things are worse than ever and it’s not going to any better if this is the way the police will deal with the issue!
Indeed, I too agree that we are losing the war against organized crime. Sir, can you tell us how you feel about our condition here in Chicago?
No longer are the streets of this city safe, not only at night. At day we live with few peace and only fear on what might happen, if that murder’s men decide to take a pick at my family, at my friends! The city is not ours anymore! Stonebird has turn this great city into his empire of terror, the days of peace have gone and now the city has become our prison.
Thank you sir. Back to you Nancy.
Alright you heard it straight from the people and…people we seem to having some technical difficulties.
The screens turns black and the people stand in awe wondering what is happening then the screen returns.
Sorry folks about that, our connection was having issues and…
Ahh…some of you folks know me already, but I want to be a gentleman, I’m Stonebird, and I’ve got a gift for the city of Chicago...Santa Claus is coming and he’s gonna bring the fireworks. Remember to wear plenty of white and green. Oh and don’t bother wearing red, I’ll deal with that matter…hahaha… The channel crashes and his laugh can be heard through out the streets, people begin to flush the streets running to their homes. Then the people see smoke rising, explosions, fire growing, growing, growing…

Chapter Two:
Grey Snow

“Present day, December 24th…”

-Work In Progress-

Last edited:
Level 3
Setting something exactly ten years into the future is a risky move, especially if you think it's going to take a few years to write the book. You might want to go with a vague "near future" setting without giving any dates. Or you could just set it in the present time; there's nothing about this plot that forces it to happen in 2018.

Level 3
I'm still debating on whether i should make some changes, because in this plot, there are weapons and armored vest that don't exist today, which is probably one of the main reasons why i set it ten years in the future. However I may reduce it, because our technology in the real world is increasing at a rapid rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.