• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Paladin of Varrock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I've been playing Runescape for a while now, and Varrock is a city in Runescape, so yeah, made a story. Constructive criticism, please.

Varrock. What was it? A grand city, situated in the Kingdom of Misthalin. However, what was it more? A place filled with thieves, liars, sinners, murderers, and psychopaths. The Phoenix Gang reigned supreme over the city, and many citizens were in its grip of fear and terror. However, the nobles of the city were unknown to this, and so it seemed from the outside that the city flourished, whilst it rotted from inside..
Then, a man appeared, shouting random cries and stupid things, at the market square, like; 'Sinners I shall have you to die!'. Adventurers who passed by laughed at him and scolded him out for; 'moron', 'idiot', 'mad'. However, soon the man disappeared..
What had happened? Nobody knew, and nobody cared, seemingly. This is the story of the cleanser of Varrock, the lord of Justice, and the Iron Fist of Punishment.

As it rained, and the thief shivered, but walked on. The rain made his cloack wet, but at least his body was protected. The winds blew against him, making it harder to walk. Suddenly, lightning striked right before him. The man was paralyzed and gasped for breath, shocked. This...
''Bah...'' he mumbled softly and grim. ''Coincidende.'' he assured himself, and as he was about to walk on, he heard a voice.
''Really?'' asked the voice.
''Who are you? Show yourself!'' shouted the thief, laying his hand on his sword.
''I...''
A man stepped out of a side alley.
''Am a Paladin.''
''A what?!'' asked the thief, surprised.
''A Paladin... and you're a thief.'' he reacted, without any emotion.
He draw unsheated his sword.
''And you're going to die here, scum.''
The thief looked at the 'Paladin', and saw the grim determination in his eyes.
''S-spare me!'' shouted the thief, being from nature cowardly.
The man examined the thief.
He had no love for this sinner.
Suddenly, he got an idea, and he smiled.
''You will be spared.'' he said.
The thief his eyes sprung widely open; ''Thank you, my lord!'' he said grateful.
''However,'' he began,''Tell your friends about me... The Paladin of Varrock... For I shall cleanse the streets and this city.''
''Woe, thy sinners, because forth, you shalt face JUDGEMENT!'' he roared in the cold darkness.
The thief nodded, shaking on his legs, and ran away, disappearing in the deep night ..

And so, word spread.. most people laughed over this, and thought the thief was mad. However, some seriously began to doubt.. Who could this man be? And what would he do? 'Cleanse' had many definitions, thought criminals to calm themselves, and as the winter approached, the Paladin striked ..

''Hm, three golden coins, and I'll tell ye!'' the tramp said, his eyes full of greed.
The Paladin shrugged and handed him three coins.
Why would he do this? Surely, it was quite certain that the tramp was a criminal too?
However, this was part of his plan.. the Phoenix Gang were the most feared and deathly psychopaths of the city, and he would need to defeat them before he could move on. However, he couldn't do it alone, thus he needed allies, and so he sought up for the nearly extinct Alpha Syndicate, who were located in the slums of the city.
Once they were enemies of the Gang, but they were slowly defeated, and as the time grew, much Alpha Members joined the opponent.
''Good... now, y'see, teh' password is; 'Omegon', and dun't forge' it, aye?'' were the words the tramp spoke.
He pointed to a small alley.
Then, the Paladin nodded.
He left the tramp behind and he entered the alley. It was quite a long one, abandoned and not much activity.
Finally, he arrived at a small building.
It said; 'The Family Erin.''
It was laughable at its best. Anyone could see through that.
He knocked on the door, quite hard.
Slightly, the door opened, and an old man asked him; ''Eh... whazz' the password, mate?''
The Paladin examined the man first.
''Comeone!'' said the watcher, losing his patience.
''Omegon.''
The door opened.

Last edited:
Level 10
I don't like Runescape all that much (or MMO's in general), but you seem to have a pretty good story going here.
On a more technical note, your grammar and spelling are fine, but I don't feel like a lore check, so I am going to assume that you are fine on that account.

Level 10
Alright, still looking good. Two things, however.
First, you sometimes try to use ellipses (...). However, instead of using the customary three periods, you use two. I highly suggest not doing that.
The second is that you should use hidden tags to hide your story ([ Hidden=Story Title] before your story, and [/Hidden] after it) so that your page doesn't grow to be unbearably long.

Status
Not open for further replies.