• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Hive story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
The darkness parted revealing the faces of the many men sitting in the wide circle. They were all wise and kind. They're the members of the Hive union. Whenever a decision is passed in the land of Workshopland the Hive Union are the first to hear of the idea. They also have the final word in the decision itself.

These men gained this power through being the most powerful in the land. Power has many different ways to implement itself however. Some are great warriors while others are powerful in spirit and knowledge. They are the wisest of them all.

The room we now sat in had a large black marble floor. It was the flattest surface I'd ever laid foot on. The walls stretched high into the heavens forming a dome at the top. The walls were made out a marble as well but a white marble. The light was dimmed in the room to allow for easier thought. With less light there is less to view through your physical eye so you can focus on mental thoughts. The light was now being restored as our thought process was over. We are currently going over a rule that the citizens of Workshopland were wanting passed. The law was to permit the local men to hunt for the nearly extinct dragon race.

Dragons are becoming more and more of a problem with the rise of the dragon trainer Pyritie. He migrated from the southern mountain region of Workshopland. He was bringing all the local dragons he can round up and sending them to pillage the land and destroy local villages. The rule of weapon holding was put in place years ago. This only allowed the army and the Hive Union members to use a weapon in combat. This was to keep the land from plunging into war.

As the lights begin lighting the room once again the faces of my fellow Union members are revealed. To my right is my long time friend Hawkwing. He was a great warrior before the Hive Union was created. He fought in many battles and gained a reputation for being ruthless and very weapon savvy.

He gained the name Hawkwing from his old master. His master's name was Hawk and he considered a Hawks wing to be its most valuable asset. Hawk believed Hawkwing was the most powerful warrior he'd seen in a millennium, even more powerful than him. Hawkwing means that Hawk names him the warrior to continue on with his legacy of warriors with the spirit of a Hawk.

I look to my left and see one of the wisest men in the entire Hive Union. He was one of the first to join when it was created. His name is Wolverabid. He's a fairly tall man with long flowing black hair. He also has a short beard that covers his face.

Not much is entirely known of this man other than the fact that he has vast knowledge in many subjects, some even unknown by the Union members themselves. Wolverabid gained his name from the animals he lived among for many years. He lived in the forest for most of his life studying and researching subjects that interested him. He was said to have five pet wolves that would hunt and bring food to him to dine on. He was found by the humble leader of the Hive Union, Ralle.

We all stand from our hard stone seats and watch as Ralle enters the room. His outer appearance is very deceiving towards his inner being. His long blonde hair stretches to his shoulders. His eyes are a dark blue like the coldest ice. He looks like he's in his mid twenty's when in reality he's been living more hundreds of years.

He strides into the middle of the room, his long blue cloak flowing along his side. He stops in the middle of our circle and studies us for a moment.

"Well, have you come to a decision?" He asks. His voice is always loud and commanding, but always friendly. Wolverabid steps forward. Whenever we make these decisions, Wolv is always the one to answer. He holds the second highest rank in the Union, right below Ralle.

"Yes Ralle, we have come to a consensus. We believe we shall allow the people of our realm to fight the tyrant Pyritie. We can not be every where at once to defend the land meaning we must allow them to defend themselves without breaking the Hive Decrees." Ralle nods and closes his eyes for a moment, thinking no doubt.

"Then it is settled. Let our people take up arms." Ralle reopens his eyes and studies us all once again. "Elenai, please will you come with me. There are a few pieces of information I must share with you about the growing issue." Elenai, in his long white robe steps forward and follows Ralle out of the chamber to discuss god knows what. An issue in the land of the Hive is nothing to be surprised by, yet it seems lately that there has been more than normal. The world is falling into some kind of trouble, and we must try solving it before it destroys us all.

This is the idea. I'm going to write the first chapter or section or so of this story. The story is made using serious fantasy concepts but will have a somewhat comical view by using names of the members of the Hive.

What I want to do is write the first section and hopefully have other members interested continue the story on. I'd like to get the story to continue but with different writers and ways of writing. It will be the same story base starting with what I write but will have twists thought up by others. Hopefully your interested in this, I think it would be fun to see what is written.

Just a tip though. If you do choose to write a section, I'd hope you won't use members of the Hive and bash them using the story. I don't think that would be very good for those just trying to flame the users with their writing.

P.S my piece is a made up fantasy of course using the members of the Hive as the characters.

Last edited:
Level 10
I'd like a go.
P.S. - How do you do that Tab which opens up the story? I'd like to do that later for my story to.

"My, my, my what a beautifull website!" said Ralle exhausted, after 2 hours of on-line paperwork. "Yep, a real beauty. So what should we name this?" said Wolverabid. Brushing off some dust from his light-faded jeans. He noticed a patch of flicking light and moved toward to fix the bug. "Damn internet services, can't find a hosting sight that never has a leak proof boat." Grumbling from the leaking code, that seemed to dim the lights of the room. Ralle held his breath as Wolverabid continued to fix the problem. "Ahh, that should do the trick!" exclaimed Wolverabid, stepping away from the wall. The room instantly flickered back to life with a explosion of yellow and red rays coming from the central core. Rapping the machine with his knuckles, he whistled as a dazzling blue portal opened behind him. Stepping out was a blood elf, with a strange attire with black sunglasses.

"So... I hope I ain't late... for the interview?" Smartly coming to attention, his gaze rested on the newly furnished room that was connected to others, that looked like bright pink hell. Then onto the dirty looking workers in the middle of the main room. "Am, I in the right place? Where's Ralle?" said Hawkwing frowning at the pair. "I'm Ralle, so you must be the hot blooded Hawkwing. Excuse the mess, we were just patching the bugs. Mind having a seat over their?" Reaching out his hand to great him, he pointed at a nearby table in a corner in the room. "Well, this is a bit unexpected, oh, and you are?" Pointing at Wolverabid. "Name's Wolverabid, Ralle's partner in crime." he said in his strange sense of humor. "Man I believe I'm gonna have a fun time around here!" replied a chuckling Hawkwing.

Having discussed over his brilliance at creating or editing Skins, Textures, Models, and Paintings. They agreed to place him on their potential Moderators list. "Well its been fun talking to you guys, so I'll see you guys tommorow." Shaking hands, they expressed their grins as a satisfied goal had been accomplished. "Well Wolverabid, I believe we might be able to pull this off." he said excitedly. "Ya... But, I'll miss the good old days." he said heartly. "Oh those, flaming, chasing, viruses, even hacking into UP0wAnY's gold loot." said Ralle. Crossing his arms, he says. "Our time is over Wolverabid, we need to start teaching them youngsters how to manage a man's work!" he said in a old western man's voice. Laughing from his friend's idoutic voice change. "Well then, lets get those bugs fixed... Oh ya, we have some more people coming tommorow!" he replied happily.

Raising his eyebrow Ralle replied "Who?" Coughing, he brought a list and sorted through some papers" Lets see... theirs Prite or something. MySpaceBarBroke, Ghan04 he looks promosing, Pano30, and some guys named ~Void~, doubt he will do anything. "Hmm, I think ~Void~ might do well." replied Ralle. "You don't even know the guy" exclaimed Wolverabid. "I just have a feeling in my gut, that he just might surprise you." said Ralle. "Sure whatever, well lets see... Where did th- their you are!" Lunging after a Trojan horse that appeared through a small gap in the wall. Laughing, he looked into the yellow, orange sky that towered over his head. Thinking of a name for the website.

Last edited:
Level 9
Lol Donut. I think it would be more of a documentary if someone wrote the exact history. It would be interesting to see how Ralle thought the creation though.

And that's an interesting story Ninja. I'll probably finish my little piece later. Have been busy with my book. Anyways to get the hide tab like I have. You post and look at the codes at the top. The one with a magnifying glass is what u click on when you have the whole story highlighted.

Level 36
Yes, yes, I do.

And I AM the most vet person still here, besides Ralle, when it comes to the Hive. I was here since almost the beginning, and everything that I missed I've been filled in on by my long-gone friends from the old days.

But yeah, I was there. I still am here. I know most of it, though I might have to question Ralle over a few dates for the more recent things.

Level 15
That would be quite interesting to read. To me anyway, I love reading :p

We should make it a collaborative work, allowing all to write a portion. Then they could submit it to a group or something, have its content checked for accuracy and other stuff. And then it could be added to the collection, which would have some sort epic title.

Lol, it could bring the community together. Give us all something to be proud of.

Status
Not open for further replies.