• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Destiny's Design [My ORPG's story]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Destiny's Creation [My ORPG's story]

This story begins, as any story should, with a hero. A hero unlike most. He has never done anything remarkably brave. Infact very few would consider this farm hand to be anything special at all. But enough about what people think about him. Let me tell you about his every day life.

"Idon! Idon, get down here! You're going to be late for work" A boy of fourteen rolled slowly out of his bed on the second floor of the orphanage. He blinked as he looked out of the window and listened to the foot steps of Mrs. Della on the stairs. He jumped up and walked over to his dresser to get dressed. Just as he pulled on his shirt Mrs. Della burst in. "What do you think you're doing! You're going to be late again! One more time and I wouldn't blame him for getting another farm boy instead!" She bellowed. Idon opened his mouth to reply when Mrs. Della interrupted him. "No, no, no. No excuses young man. You get downstairs and grab your breakfast. You can eat it on the way."

As Idon left the room the door directly across from his room opened, and a boy of fifteen or so came running out past him. "Can't talk gotta run!" The boy yelled back over his shoulder. At work Idon found he had been given the harder part of the job as punishment. He was left with watering the plants, planting ten bags of seeds, and fixing lunch for the other workers. This kind of hard work was usually saved for the last person in for work. Which was usually Idon. Despite all this Idon seemed happy with his job. Some said it was "because he liked the people he got to work with", others said "he just likes labor", and still others said "he is training himself for the rest of life". But only those closest to him knew that he put up with it because he believed it was all part of his destiny.

This is a set up for the map [Destiny's Creation] and is not meant to be a complete story. However, throughout the map you will see further references to Idon and his life. To conclude the story here I will simply tell you the mark Idon left upon the world.

Idon became the founding father of an amazing city. Yes, his name is known well in the halls of Nuran. Even the mighty Nuranorians see him as a war hero. Nuranorians are known across the land for their fierce battles, and their famed victories in impossible situations. They are said to be the founders of destiny, the creators of dreams. It was their great founder who gave them these names. For a legend tells us that young Idon was hardly well known and never treated with royalty. No, nobody knew what lay ahead for Idon, so noone cared about him. He was just another farm boy nothing uncommon about him.

But how could this be? After all, he later fought off more than a thousand soldiers with only 200 men. Is it possible that he was put in the hands of an orphanage? Surely not! He was said to have had a happy childhood. No, his parents must have been bad people, that's what it was. But then... Why don't we ever hear about his parents... Was he abandoned at a young age? We will never know the full truth of Idon's life. We cannot go back to read the pages of history that were never recorded. But one thing is certain. Idon is one of the greatest heros there has ever been.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.