1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Import] Green to Original

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Code_Name_XXX, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Code_Name_XXX

Code_Name_XXX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey I got a problem about my brother upcoming birthday. I forgot to buy a gift cause field trip will start soon so I need lot of cash. Well Here is the Thing:

My brother is a project maker in Warcraft so as a gift I must find a way to turn import icon's to original.

Example: When you used a different Icon it will turn to green.

Steps: Import a icon, Make a simple spell. The spell icon is the imported. Start the game. Press the plus sign(Which you will see the hero spells. O get a spell but not the with the import icon.) After getting a spell press the plus sign again an you will see it green. PLEASE HELP!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  2. ap0calypse

ap0calypse

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You should always import 2 icons, not 1.
    On the hive, these icons are always included in the pack, they're called DISBTN's (Disabled Buttons).
    If you have not downloaded them from the hive, there is a simple icon program that allows you to create any type of icon with a push of the button.

So when you've got the icon "BloodyAxe.blp" (just an example), you need to import:
    • BTNBloodyAxe.blp
    • DISBTNBloodyAxe.blp

Then change their path name (in the import editor) to:
    • "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNBloodyAxe.blp"
    • ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNBloodyAxe.blp"

The green flashy icon will be no more.

Edit: tutorial for further reading: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/miscellaneous-tutorials-456/importing-models-skins-icons-160555/. (Go to the "Icons" section, you will find more button types there).

3. Elfansoer

Elfansoer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, you get that green thing because there's no icon on "Art - Icon - Research" or something... But that can be caused by above problem too...
    (That data is located directly under the one you use for change the Icon...)