• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[HD/Texturing] Green Screen Tile / Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I know this was done years ago, but it doesn't work on the current version of the World Editor.

Does anyone have a pure green tile (and preferably a map with it successfully imported, since I'm bad at that) I could use as a green screen for easily cutting out models for video use?

Level 12
Sure. Basically I just want to have a map that’s pure green (maybe a blue one too in case I need to capture models with green on them, like Orcs) so I can capture video and images of models I can superimpose on videos.

So a tile or a map with said tile already imported.

Level 12
I'm not seeing any pure green or blue tiles on that map... Just looks like the purple Ashenvale leaves tileset. I think this is the same map that I mentioned earlier that doesn't work on the current version of the World Editor.

I'm not seeing any pure green or blue tiles on that map... Just looks like the purple Ashenvale leaves tileset. I think this is the same map that I mentioned earlier that doesn't work on the current version of the World Editor.
Probably due to how ground textures are imported. I am using 1.31.

Anyway to avoid version compatibilities I just made a simple model instead. Stand animation is for green, Stand Alternate is for blue. Resize it as you wish in-editor.

Attachments

• BlueScreen.blp
    16.8 KB · Views: 28
  • GreenScreen.blp
    18.2 KB · Views: 40
  • MovieBox.mdx
    3.6 KB · Views: 31
Level 12
I couldn't get the .blps to do anything, but the MovieBox.mdx is great! I just used that as the model and changed the tint color since its default is pure white. Thanks a lot!
Capture.png

Tested it just now with the current Editor.
1620442940402.png

If you open a map with Ashenvale Leaves before this one, the tile won't update, and you'll have to restart the Editor to see it.

How do I give reputation points in this new site format?
There's a reaction popup on the right side of posts; the first four options are positive and provide EXP.
1620443050324.png

I couldn't get the .blps to do anything, but the MovieBox.mdx is great! I just used that as the model and changed the tint color since its default is pure white. Thanks a lot!
View attachment 378927
Did you import the textures to the root folder? I have tested the box in game and the textures worked fine for me. If it's white when you imported it it means you imported the textures incorrectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.